AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
I just sent about 30 seconds from "Creech". The send seemed to go OK. Let me know when you have it.

Best,

Matthew.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Creech,

Thanks, came through fine (although my speed is only around 30k/sec---is that normal?)

TV junkie, your clip is transferring now, I will post in the morning if it came out OK.

Thanks for the quick help, I really appreciate it.

D

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Yup, that seems pretty normal for speed. A 1 hour show recorded at high can take a day or more to transfer.

Glad that your setup is working.

Best,

Matthew.

·
Registered
8,103 Posts
30k a second is what? 120 megs an hour?

30k isn't a bad upload speed I think. I upload at the same speed. Adelphia around here is pretty fast, but also pretty enfatic about getting $53 a month or so(no $35/mo long term deals. They have deals but they only last 3 mos for 1st time customers).

cow

·
Registered
9 Posts
Can I ask a related question?

I have two RTV's. If I occassionally have wanted to transfer a show from one Replay to the other. (e.g. when one was sent in for service, or when the smaller one's drive gets full) When ever I 'send' shows between them, I get crapped results. It's, of course, annoyingly slow, because they don't recognize that they are on the same network, but I can deal with that. But when I play the received show I get blocking artifacts that look like MPEG errors or some reduced data rate encoding.

Any clues anyone?

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by pmsteven
Can I ask a related question?

But when I play the received show I get blocking artifacts that look like MPEG errors or some reduced data rate encoding.

Any clues anyone?
I don't know why you're getting the artifacts. But rather than doing IVS in house, why not set up a DVArchive server and just download the shows to a computer on your network? You can set DVArchive to do nightly downloads automatically if you want. Then you can stream from DVArchive just like you can stream from another Replay.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.