AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been experiencing a fairly severe sound delay on a particular DC station. (WRC-DT). I received a reply from them that they monitor with an RCA DTC 100 and don't get a delay; but there is a possiblity it is my hardware. (they were going to reboot and were upgrading from a beta version of software as well)

Using a HiPix (not decoding audio) and a Pioneer 810 receiver to decode the AC3. Other channels I receive do not have this problem (about 7 total).

Specifically can the HiPix cause the delay and would it be corrected by using the MyHDV card (hoping to know before the powerbuy expires tonight)

·
Registered
13,423 Posts
Ralph,

If the other six stations don't have the audio problem is not likely to be caused by HiPix. Sounds more like the A/V is not genlocked to the station clock before encoding to ATSC.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
I am in DC and have audio delay problems with WRC as well. I use a HIPIX card. In my case, I do notuse the hipix daughter card and instead take the 2 channel audio from the hipix card and connect it to my audigy sound card.

So it appears that in your case with DD pass thru or in my case with 2 channel audio decode we both have problems.

I have noticed that I never have audio problems with 1080i NBC content. It appears to occur mostly on stuff that the local station upconverters.

Have you noticed what shows and content has the audio problem?

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
I have noticed that I never have audio problems with 1080i NBC content. It appears to occur mostly on stuff that the local station upconverters.
just checked out Fear Factor which is in HD and synched perfectly

you are right - it is clearly an upconverting problem with WRC

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.