AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Universal just announce The Jerk and The Game as Combo discs. Could the delay from Universal be caused by their plans to deliver most of their movies in Combo format? I don't mind as long as the pricing is affordable. MSRP of 28.99 seems to translate into $19.99 movies on Amazon and I'll all for that. Perhaps there is a dearth of replicators that can handle combo discs and Universal is waiting for more plants to come online before announcing the bulk of their movies.

So far this year the combo titles are coming pretty fast.

·
Registered
454 Posts
The Jerk is a combo, but I don't think The Game is a combo.

http://hddvdformat.blogspot.com/ (January 23 blog entry)

Universal released a lot of titles last year after the official release of HD-DVD. They just a took a break over the holidays, but now they are most likely back to business as usual. It's probably just as simple as that. The only reason the Blu-only studios are releasing a lot now is because it's right after the "official" release of Blu-ray with the PS3. I still think most new potential customers will look at the entire catalogs released so far on both formats. When you do that, HD-DVD still has a better selection of titles, IMO.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.