AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which would you choose and why - at this point 3d isn't an option.

Yamaha 820k = $199

Yamaha 1065BK = $372

Pioneer vsx 23txh = $400

Denon 591 = $300

I have 4 hdmi devices, feeding a DLP tv. I'm thinking plugging and unplugging the hdmi cables cannot be good for the hdmi ports, so am considering a different receiver.

Only requirement is pass through in standby. I do have one question though, how does it know which feed to pass through when in standby? Esp. if more than one is turned on and active?

thanks,

Jeff

·
Premium Member
93,271 Posts
If 3D is not a requirement, then look at last year's Denon 1910 for roughly the same price by "calling" Electronics Expo (authorized reseller) which offers 4 HDMI inputs as well as HDMI standby. It "knows" which input to use as the setting is either "LAST" (one selected before turning the AVR off) or a specific HDMI jack (1-4).

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. OH and that is a Pioneer 820k not a Yamaha.

As it is, I just hooked my Pioneer 320 bluray player up to my old Yamaha htr5980 (or something like that) using the analog outs from the bluray to the analog in on the yamaha, 5.1.

It actually sounds fairly good to my tin ear, so I think I'll hold off a little bit more.

thanks again though.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Now that you mention it, I did have a problem getting some bass out of the subwoofer. After some adjustments I have it back.

These two

Yamaha 1065BK = $372

Pioneer vsx 23txh = $400 are really tempting for the price.

Though the pioneer 820k would probably be sufficient for me, it is a smaller room and rather low end speakers.

Sony surrounds (maybe 8X10 boxes) up in the corners of the walls, Polk center channel, and Onkyo powered sub 8" I think. Room is 10 x 15.

Decisions decisions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts