Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The trucking company called on Thursday to setup a delivery date, they told

me that they could bring it out on Monday. I asked if it(TH-42PWD5UY)

could be delivered on Friday since I'll be out of town on Monday. The

dispatcher said they would try. I waited and waited, hours went by, still no

call. I called later Thursday afternoon to say I would come pick it up on

Friday, so up to Sacramento I went....

I couldn't wait to mount the plasma on the wall in it's permanent location

so I leaned it against the entertainment center and plugged in the power

and component cables. I selected 5 discs of varying quality, Resident Evil

Superbit, Shrek, Lilo & Stitch, Dirty Harry and Black Hawk Down.

I only have one word to say...AWESOME!!! The PQ was better than what

I have seen at the stores, even my wife, who was reluctant about this

whole deal said she couldn't believe the clarity of the video.

I'll be spending the day mounting it in it's final location.

Keith

·
Registered
15,466 Posts
Keith,

I had exactly the same experience when I received my Panny ED model (which was a year ago now). I was planning a whole home theater set-up, and the plasma was the first item that arrived on time. I set it on the floor, hooked up my DVD player and was just blown away by the picture. As you mention, it looks way better in a dedicated home set-up than you'll ever see in the stores...which is an awesome realization because how often do you pay so much cash for an electronics item that was amazing in the store, but handily exceeds your expectations when you finally receive it? I remember thinking "this is the most satisfying electronics purchase I've ever made."

And, like you, my wife who was aloof about the purchase came right on board as soon as she saw the image. I mean, how could you not? My friends would see it and make comments like: "This picture is so good, so different and superior than what I'm used to, that it's like the first time I heard a CD..." (Relevant to us old fogies who experienced the transition from analogue to digital in music).

Unfortunately for me the wait was even more brutal. My home theater didn't come together for four or five months, during which time I had to keep the Panny in the box, or sometimes place it on the floor again for a "hit" of that image quality.

It's a year later and the Panny plasma still blows my mind. I'd bet you'll have the same experience.

Rich H.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by R Harkness
during which time I had to keep the Panny in the box, or sometimes place it on the floor again for a "hit" of that image quality.

Rich H.
Hahahaha man thats some good stuff right there =).

Keith congrats on your new purchase, I'm sure you cant wait to get everything all setup. I hopefully will soon be joining the ranks with you guys shortly (week or so) I cant hold off for the new stuff.

I took my gf to bb to look at the panny, and they had it hooked up tot he most horrible dvd player ever and made it have the weakest blacks there, out of the sony, phillips, and pio's. She said you returned your pio for these blacks levels. I didnt even waste my breathe trying to explain =).

-Chris

·
Registered
112 Posts
hehe i did the same thing, paid for home delivery but couldnt wait till monday so i borrowed an SUV and picked up myself....getting refund on delivery of course. gratz on the new display

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Congrats! Beware of the "can't wait", though. How many of us tried to hang our plasma on the wall by ourselves? I did, briefly. Then waited for someone to show up to help. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Way to go Keith. Half the fun is the installation and setup, I think.

Heed the warnings of hanging the plasma by yourself. People tend t to think Plasma it must be very lite. Wong. I got lucky and managed. I was sweating it all the way thinking that my warranty doesn't cover damaged Plasma when dropped or falls from wall mount.

Get some help to lift and hold while someone tightens.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, everythings all hooked up and working...for DVD's any way. Had my

cousin help lift the plasma onto the tilt wall bracket. It's not so much the

weight but the bulkiness and the awkwardness of trying to lift something

with such a wide grip.

Placed the unit over the fireplace, had to lower the mantel 10inches so the

screen wasn't so high, now it's 48" of the floor. To hide the wires I made a

hole in the mantel below the component connections and ran the wires

through to righthand side and out another hole near the receiver. I'll post

a couple of before and after photos in the morning.

Tomorrow I tackel the digital cable, xbox and ps2

Keith

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.