AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My HT is located in my multi-purpose basement (HT, weight room, kid play area, office, etc.) by design. The open portion of the basement where my HT resides is a bit oddly shaped (far from rectangular or square), and is ~800 sq ft (with 7/8' ceilings or ~6000 cu ft). Later on I will move my HT into the spare bedroom down in the basement, but not for quite some time. We very much enjoy the HT where it is right now.

Speakers

Mains - Def Tech BP7000SC x 2

Center - Def Tech CLR3000

Wides - Def Tech BP2000 x 2

Heights - Def Tech SM450 x2

Surround & Surround Backs - Def Tech BP7002 x 4

Subs - Seaton SubMersive HP (not shown in pics below yet) x 5 & Epik Empire x 4

Equipment

AVR - Denon AVR-4311CI (in "preamp mode" and calibrated with Audyssey Pro)

Audyssey Sub Equalizer (no longer being used as of July 8, 2011)

Audyssey Installer Kit

Behringer DCX2496 (not shown in pics below yet)

Emotiva XPA-2 x 1 (driving mains)

Emotiva XPA-5 x 2 (driving the other 9 channels)

Buttkicker LFE Kit

Oppo BDP-93 (not shown in pics below yet)

Playstation 3 (original phat 60 GB)

Xbox 360

Wii

Display

Samsung UN55C8000 3D LED (my old Sony KDL-52XBR4 in pics below)

Cabinet

Salamander Synergy Triple 30

- with 3 active cooling rear extenders (well worth the extra $)

Universal Remote

Logitech Harmony 890

- with Playstation 3 adapter

Power Conditioning and Surge Protection

Richard Gray Power Conditioner 400 Pro

Richard Gray Power Conditioner 600 S

Richard Gray Power Conditioner 1200 Custom

Power Circuits

My HT is driven by four 20-amp circuits.

The first circuit powers my quad Epik Empires. I use the RGPC 400 Pro on this circuit.

The second circuit powers dual Seaton SubMersive HPs, an Emotiva XPA-5, the Def Tech BP7000SCs, and the Def Tech CLR3000. I use the RGPC 600 S on this circuit.

The third circuit powers a single Seaton SubMersive HP (using a 50 ft 12-gauge extension cord run along the wall
).

The fourth circuit powers the rest of my system (e.g. dual Seaton SubMersive HPs, the Samsung UN55C8000, an Emotiva XPA-2, an Emotive XPA-5, the Def Tech BP2000s, the Def Tech BP7002s, Buttkicker LFE Kit, etc). I use the RGPC 1200 Custom on this circuit.

Although the RGPCs are not current limiting, I prefer to plug my amplifiers (Emotivas and Buttkicker) directly into the wall. For now I have my subwoofers plugged into the RGPCs (except for one Seaton SubMersive HP).

Pictures

·
Premium Member
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I forgot to upload my latest Audyssey Pro calibration reports.

Here is my calibration report for my Audyssey Sub Equalizer...

Attachment 191179

Here is my calibration report for my Denon 4311 (with the already calibrated Audyssey SubEQ in the mix)...

Attachment 191180

AudysseySubEQ.pdf 90.322265625k . file

SubEQDenon4311AudysseyPro.pdf 376.939453125k . file

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
Wow, have you ever measured the spl output in that room? It has to be off the chart. Nicely done my man.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Very nice sir. Fantastic setup.

I see we have similar taste in gear. I also have 5 Richard Gray PCs, 6 SVS subs, and all Emotiva amplification.

·
Registered
483 Posts
You sick puppy! You must be deaf and your teeth have rattled out by now! Congrads and nice setup.

·
Answer Seeking / Sharing
NHT, PSA, Denon, Emotiva, Niles, Sony, Oppo, Roku, Alienware, Mac, Rega, Akai, Parasound, Nakamichi
2,003 Posts
Wow, that's a LOT of equipment and a LOT of drivers for that room!!!! Awesome, thanks for sharing!!!

·
Registered
290 Posts
I have to ask...why eight subwoofers?! I can understand doing two...but eight? No disrespect intended, honest, but isn't that overkill?

I liken it to seeing cars with three 15" subs in the back, or those cars at SEMA with 50 subs. At what point is the base "good enough?"

I know you're running quality gear, but I just had to ask.

As long as you enjoy it, then more power to you.

·
Premium Member
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Megadeth /forum/post/19490447

I have to ask...why eight subwoofers?! I can understand doing two...but eight? No disrespect intended, honest, but isn't that overkill?

I liken it to seeing cars with three 15" subs in the back, or those cars at SEMA with 50 subs. At what point is the base "good enough?"

Everything about my HT setup is overkill. I realize I have an A/V addiction.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Curious why you have a Buttkicker LFE kit. With 4 PB13 Ultras and 4 Epik Empires, I would think your seat would kick your butt just fine by itself!

·
Registered
3,861 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Megadeth /forum/post/19490447

Not to nit pick John but 9 of his 11 speakers have amplified lf drivers in them. In essence, he has 17 subwoofers. And somehow, still has a wife.

·
Premium Member
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frohlich /forum/post/19491530

Not to nitpick an awesome set-up but your volume of speakers to TV are not what I was expecting. I was expecting a 65+ inch display.

That will come later.

·
Registered
761 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by counsil /forum/post/0

That will come later.

U should buy an acoustically transparent screen and make that whole wall your screen...only that will match the power of the sound you have.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts