AVS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
 Wow.

Quote:
Cheating in games is something people don’t take too lightly. People will get reported or ultimately banned for cheating. It’s simple — no one likes a cheater. Recently at an internet cafe in China, someone didn’t take too kindly to be cheated and took things way too far.

At an internet cafe in the northern province of Jilin in China, a group of kids noticed that the 17 year old they had been playing Counter-Strike against was using wall hacks. An argument then began between the 17 year old and group of kids which ultimately led to a very violent end. The 17 year old was stabbed in the head with a 30cm knife. The group responsible for the attack fled the scene immediately after stabbing the victim.

The 17 year old boy was rushed to a hospital where he miraculously lived. Doctors operated immediately and removed the knife from his skull after 10 hours of surgery. The doctors say that the blade missed major arteries and failed to impair the boys motor control. They did note the blade was rusty and the boy is now under observation in case rust fragments cause any sort of problems.

The internet cafe where the attack took place did not require people to have ID, making it very popular among the local kids. This also doesn’t help anyone with catching the people who stabbed someone in the head with a knife. You can bet when they catch the kids responsible, it’s not going to end well for them.

Pic.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Next time don't use wall hacks.

Just kidding, that's terrible. It's a video game, who friggin cares that much.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Obviously the fact that this happened over a video game is going to be emphasized by the media. People get shot in the face over minor/trivial disputes outside of bars all the time.

·
Registered
263 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Simonian /forum/post/0

^^^^^

zzzzzZZZiiing!

Nah, that's awful. It's just a game. Dunno why people react like this to videogames.

Steal little, steal big...the reaction isn't to the video game but rather to the dishonest actions of the individual doing the cheating. In a world where the biggest cheats (politicians, criminals, ten year olds with lag switches and potty mouths), get away with it as a result of public indifference, its quite easy to see how individuals such as this lose their cool and direct all of their frustration at an idiot such as this...

I personally didn't know how much catharsis one might feel in such a situation until I had an opportunity to exact vengeance upon a group of youngsters during a few matches of paintball...I can honestly say that the sound of one little 5th grade trash talker gasping for air as I shot him in the neck was music to my ears. To be honest I think I may have even made the remark, "where's your lag switch now?" when I shot him, but I was pretty pumped about slaughtering elementary school kids with paint...

Realistically though, such people should be punished, although obviously not this harshly. I doubt seriously that the game was the cause, and it is more likely that the kid just crossed the wrong people...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts