AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Hi Uncle,

Good idea for a poll. I wanted to contribute, but the choices of answers were pretty leading, and I couldn't find an answer to give.

Choice #3 is inconsistent. If the person sold the projector, they can't answer "Yes" to the question "Do you own an LT-150".

That leaves answers 1 and 2 as the valid "Yes" choices. Those choices indicate that it's (1) "Amazing", or (2) it makes you go "Deaf". I would like to vote, but neither extreme applies to my view. Of course, that's the way politics tend to be all the time, and a citizen has the option of choosing the "closest answer" or simply declining to vote.

You might want to include less polarized "Yes" choices without the extra qualifiers if you want to get a more accurate count.

Just my $0.02.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
milori,

Thank you, my next poll will include a neutral yes as well as an emphatic one (the "amazing" in #1 is there for grins more than anything). My bad... perhaps you could participate and then qualify your answer down here?

As for the rest... well - when I started, the poll was gonna be binary... with only one answer "Yes I have an lt150"... those not owning an lt150 would vote "no" simply by not participating.

But that was boring and I figured I'd take the opportunity to collect a little more info... Hence the second and third options and the qualifier for the first ;)... The fourth answer is just for fun, and gives those who don't have an lt150 the chance to participate.

I had thought about the inconsistancy of #3 but most people will get the gist - perhaps "Yes - I was an owner, but had to sell because of blah blah..." would have been better - ah well. Actually #3 is really not a "yes" or "no" answer, but I thought it would be a valid category to track (and indeed two of the thirty two participants so far have voted thus).

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Hi Uncle,

Thanks for the advice. I voted #1. The fan doesn't bother me that much at all.

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
OK you people, I had to jump in here just to keep you honest. I voted for the last choice because you're clearly all deaf and/or blinded by the rainbow artifacts.

Besides which this is now the PANAMORPH forum, got it?

:D

Dan

·
Registered
918 Posts
I've gone deaf but from my G1000 not the Lt150. My LT150 is silent in comparison. :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
almost one hundred owners ...

... i guess i made a good choice then

... i calibrated mine with Avia and it's just amazing (HTPC)

... i admit, the fan is distracting ... i'm thinking of getting a hushbox

now ... how about a lamp group buy club? ... mine is burning fast

·
Registered
555 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by cyran0
... i admit, the fan is distracting ...
I don't even notice the fan since the audio of the program tends to drown it out. My LT150 is on the floor in front of me under a heavy U shaped wood table. The thin carpet on the hardwood floor, and the wood table up against the couch may be acting to attenuate the noise.

When I shut down the LT150 and the audio, then the fan noise seems loud.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow... 100 Lt150 owners!

Thanks to everyone that has voted so far!

And special thanks to Dan for reminding us that this is now and will always be the Lt150 forum! :D

(at least until we all receive our panamorphs anyway)

·
Registered
846 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by jackmay
I don't even notice the fan since the audio of the program tends to drown it out. My LT150 is on the floor in front of me under a heavy U shaped wood table. The thin carpet on the hardwood floor, and the wood table up against the couch may be acting to attenuate the noise.

When I shut down the LT150 and the audio, then the fan noise seems loud.
What?!? What??!?!? What did you say?!?!?

I've got the LT150 in a ceiling mount and the fan noise is too loud. Sure, not during action scenes in The Matrix. But any quiet scenes, and the fan is too loud.

It's the worst thing about the LT150 in my opinion. More so than the lack of zoom.

--Les

·
Registered
6 Posts
where did you guys buy yours from?

i'm in a market for two.

and also... is this pretty good for lighted room as well?

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I would eventually vote except that I bought an LT85, not the LT150. I guess us SVGA guys don't rate.

Scott

·
Registered
599 Posts
i think it would be a good idea to have a subgroup on the AVSFORUM - i've thought this for some time, now this many members justifies it.

bluntly, i don't give a crap about DILA and non-LT150 (incl. 150z) stuff.

And the amount of 150 threads is so unsearchable that a new organized database of info (screens, cables, mounts, halos, bulbs, tweaks, artifacts, pics of user HTs, pics of output to screen material, etc.) is invaluable for us AND the many new LT150 owners than can be drawn here and this forum.

I'd be int. in volunteering for this new forum.

·
Premium Member
5,305 Posts
I had a fellow member over to my house last night (he owns a Runco 8"CRT and a Faroudja (sp?) scaler (720P)), he was VERY impressed with my little LT150 at 480P! I found that to be very encouraging to say the least. :)

No rainbow problems either.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.