AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a 20' run of RCA cable for the subwoofer but only have a 17' cable. Normally you would'nt want to couple a speaker wire due to loss but it's just a sub channel.

Does anyone see much of a problem with coupling another 5 feet of rca cable?

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Not exactly certain what you mean by "coupling" (splicing? adding an extension?) You could just buy a 25 ft. cable from Monoprice . Whole thing, shipped, would be less than $15.

·
Registered
5,454 Posts
if you are talking about adding a second cable and using a "RCA female/female" coupler, then it will work fine. But by the time you buy a decent coupler and the extra cable, Mr. "Rijax's" suggestion makes much more sense, and you will end up with one coaxial cable making the 20' run with some to spare.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had a time issue. I had 2 pieces here and im doing the install and conduit now. Didn't want have to stop the install and wait for shipping but it ready is the tidy and correct thing to do.

·
Registered
525 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimHuey /forum/post/19536282

I had a time issue. I had 2 pieces here and im doing the install and conduit now. Didn't want have to stop the install and wait for shipping but it ready is the tidy and correct thing to do.

If its going to be in an inaccessible location you may want to provide some more support than the friction fit of normal RCA couplers.

Wrap it in electrical tape or something similar (not duct tape).

·
Registered
750 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimHuey /forum/post/0

If you're located on in the west coast monoprice does overnight shipping for $4.73!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts