AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

Am trying to have a decent surround sound while playing video games, watching TV, or movies.

I have a PN50B650 which has optical out.

everything is connected to the TV, PS3, Xbox360 and HTPC through HDMI.

What I want to do is have wireless headphones with 5.1 surround to listen to all of this with optical cable connected to the wireless transmitter or HDMI

anyone knows of a solution ?

my budget is 500$

thanks alot

·
Registered
19,150 Posts
Actually I do. You can go a number of different ways. If you want it exclusively for listening (without a mic for gaming) it makes life much easier. I own the Pioneer SE-DIR800C Dolby Headphone wireless transmitter/headphones. You might be able to find the SE-DIR800CII version on eBay for about the same or a little less, those are the newer ones, I would go with those.

That is the cheapest standalone (and best) wireless Dolby Headphone setup available. A word of warning- do not drop the phones!!! I did and it broke the first time!!! Luckily I was able to super-glue it back and everything's been fine since. It has two digital inputs (coax and spdif). This was one of my best HT purchases. I use it quite often since I live in an apt, and can't really turn up my stereo at all.

Then there's the issue of HDMI audio- for that your amp either needs a digital out that outputs PCM (not many do that any more) or you need to buy something like THIS .(monoprice.com has it for $50, but they're down)

If you want something with a mic for games it makes life very complicated, because there is no real "all in one solution". You should try the 360 forum. I beleive they are very big there.

If you want to see what else is available in surround phones, check HERE.

Remember- whatever you buy, make sure it has Dolby Headphone, plain Dolby won't do.

·
Registered
19,150 Posts
Ordered both what?

I hope you didn't spend $140 for that HDMI switch w/toslink because like I said you could get it much cheaper elsewhere.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
canceled the switcher, i'll wait for monoprice to come back up lol

thanks alot though anyother suggestion?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So i found this thing is they don't have it in stock.

i looked everywhere can't find anything like it, do you happen to know a website that i can order that from ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts