AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 360 premium broke (again). If I go and get a new Arcade and put my hard drive on it will I have any problems getting my arcade games or anything else working on the new box?


Also, do the Arcades these days have the newer CPU installed?


thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,461 Posts
1 - As long as you're online everything will work. Later this summer they're supposed to be offering a tool that will transfer the licenses to the new box and everything will work fine even if you're not online.


2 - All current 360s are built off the same mobos (except for the ones sent out as warranty replacement), so all Arcades should be Falcons.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres /forum/post/14164945


1 - As long as you're online everything will work. Later this summer they're supposed to be offering a tool that will transfer the licenses to the new box and everything will work fine even if you're not online.


2 - All current 360s are built off the same mobos (except for the ones sent out as warranty replacement), so all Arcades should be Falcons.

Groovy. I appreciate your reply.

One more question though, the last time I sent my box in, when I got it back I had a problem of the other 2 gold accounts on my box for my 2 boys couldn't play the arcade games unless I was also logged in.. until MS told me to create a new gamertag and re-download all of those titles again under the new tag with the points they gave me to do it. Will this be the case again?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,357 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliDog /forum/post/14164970


Groovy. I appreciate your reply.

One more question though, the last time I sent my box in, when I got it back I had a problem of the other 2 gold accounts on my box for my 2 boys couldn't play the arcade games unless I was also logged in.. until MS told me to create a new gamertag and re-download all of those titles again under the new tag with the points they gave me to do it. Will this be the case again?

99% sure it will be the same situation as last time with the accounts.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdank /forum/post/14165174


99% sure it will be the same situation as last time with the accounts.

=(


thanks for the reply.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
Joined
·
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great. Now I find out that unless I want to spend another $50 for a new cable I have to rip my A/V cable casing off around the plug in order to use my new HDMI capabilities along with audio from the toslink because both cables won't plug in at the same time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,357 Posts
A screwdriver and a minute of your time will pop off the case on your component cables.


Granted, probably not ideal if you move your console around.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,760 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliDog /forum/post/14166923


Great. Now I find out that unless I want to spend another $50 for a new cable I have to rip my A/V cable casing off around the plug in order to use my new HDMI capabilities along with audio from the toslink because both cables won't plug in at the same time.

I was going to do that but then I decided just to get a surround sound system with HDMI pass through. Compared to my TV speakers I was using...It really brings the games to life.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,771 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliDog /forum/post/14166923


Great. Now I find out that unless I want to spend another $50 for a new cable

you can usually find an open box MS HDMI cable with the audio dongle for about $25 shipped on ebay, they're plentiful there...
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top