AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When making a few adjustments to the color and whatnot, I noticed that the tint adjustment was grayed out. I thought maybe it was only available with certain inputs, so I tried others, and no luck. Here is a picture
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...6/DSCF0631.jpg

Anyone know why this is there and not available, or is there something wrong with the set?

Allso, just curious what the average life of the bulb is in this set, and does it just go out like a normal bulb, or does it gradually get dimmer. I know it has just over 8000 hours on it, but we had the light engine replaced a couple years ago under the extended warranty, and that gave us a new bulb, and I don't believe the tech reset the bulb hours.

Oh, one more thing........if anyone can point me in the right direction to any settings and/or tweaks to improve the color and picture quality, I'd appreciate it. Just minor things that I can do.....nothing drastic. I wish I could afford to have it calibrated, but right now I can't. It's an HLP5063, firmware version 1035,and built in Nov. 2004, for whatever it's worth. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
16,749 Posts
I have a HL-P4663.

My tint adjustment is not available with HDMi or DVI inputs but is available when just using the built in analog tuner. So I don't think there is anything wrong with your TV

My first bulb lasted 2 and 1/2 years and near its end of life I had to have the brightness set all the way up and sometimes it would not start at all time the bulb finely failed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts