AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey just got this TV and I have a couple of doubts:

- While playing 360 (Fallout NV, 1080p), stuff like hills and gates seemed to be 'flickering' while on Dynamic mode. I changed it to Game mode and it was fixed, but the picture quality wasn't as good as it was on Dynamic... Can you recommend settings to optimize picture quality while avoiding problems like the one I mentioned?

- I have read that with older firmware this model may have problems with motion judder...

A) What is this?

B) How do I check what firmware I have? If it's outdated, how do I get the new one?

C) How do I fix the problem?

Sorry for being a noob but I would really appreciate some help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Come on guys there's a 5640 reply thread about this TV, impossible to look through it...

Also ran into another problem today. When I watch a file from a USB drive, I can't change the picture settings. If I hit menu, it leaves the file I was watching and goes back to AV, to change those settings. And the picture quality when watching from the USB drive is terrible, very dark and hard to see during the day.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Comments below...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabid_wildbeast /forum/post/19556156

Hey just got this TV and I have a couple of doubts:

- While playing 360 (Fallout NV, 1080p), stuff like hills and gates seemed to be 'flickering' while on Dynamic mode. I changed it to Game mode and it was fixed, but the picture quality wasn't as good as it was on Dynamic... Can you recommend settings to optimize picture quality while avoiding problems like the one I mentioned?

See if turning down the sharpness removes the flickering.

- I have read that with older firmware this model may have problems with motion judder...

A) What is this?

Sets on f/w earlier than 1026 had MJC enabled with no menu option to disable. 1026 fixed this. See here:
http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-20013204-1.html

B) How do I check what firmware I have? If it's outdated, how do I get the new one?

It's in the support section on the TV menu (under Contact Samsung). You can update via downloading the f/w file to a USB stick or via the set's internet connection.

Info here...
http://www.samsung.com/us/support/do...PN50C7000YFXZA

C) How do I fix the problem?

Install the latest f/w!

Sorry for being a noob but I would really appreciate some help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.