AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

My first DIY build is nearly complete and I should be ready to power it up tomorrow.  I went with a Dayton Ultimax 12 in the ported 4 CU FT flat pack from Erich powered by an iNuke NU1000DSP.  Other than the AMP, same build mtbdudex posted a while back.  Receiver is an Onkyo TX-NR626.  So now for my questions.

1) Parts Express says the sub is rated for 600 watts RMS.  The manual for the iNuke says it produces 320 watts max, 210 watts RMS at 4 ohms per channel or 1050 watts max, 750 watts RMS at 4 ohms bridged.  The sub will be wired for a 4 ohm load.  Is it OK to bridge the amp with this sub?

2) I am also new to the whole pro audio thing (assuming the iNuke qualifies).  The AMP has DSP and my receiver also has built in settings and an auto setup for LFE.  Do I need to set anything up on the amp from the start or should I just let the receiver do it's thing?

2a) If do need to set up anything on the amp, what are some basic settings I should start with?

Thanks in advance for any advice.  It's been a fun build and I have learned a lot but obviously still have a lot more to learn.  Can't wait to see what this thing can do.

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
1) bridged is fine. Just don't run a sine wave for a long period of time.

2ab) if you have a mic you can run a sweep and fix any problems with the inuke dsp before running audyssey. You also need to setup a high pass filter for your sub. That can be done on the inuke.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Thanks for the reply.  Got everything up and running great.  The only hickup I hit was getting no signal from the receiver to the amp even though I switched LFE output to on.  After swapping restarting, checking connections, and swapping cables and kicking a few holes in the walls (jk, not really) I tried running the initial setup on the receiver again.  It recognized the sub and everything has been running great.  

I have not really turned it up yet but I am already very happy with the results.  The windows in the room have spring ballasts which rattle like crazy so I will have to figure something out to lesson that short of removing the ballasts. 

As I expected and everyone is well aware of, the fan for the amp is definitely too loud and the lights on the front are too bright.  I have a new Noctua fan ready to go in, just stalling on that since everything is brand new and I assume replacing the fan will void the warranty.  The last thing I want to see happen is the amp die a day after I replace the fan.

I have seen some tinting film that I can put on the display of the amp but I am not sure what to do about the light around the control nobs.  What have other people done with these lights? Does anyone know if you can just disconnect those somehow?     

1 - 3 of 3 Posts