AVS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched for this and did not see a thread. We watched this with another couple and it was pretty good. Definate chick flick and timely to watch on Valentines day weekend. Not as funny as the hangover but a decent watch to enjoy with another couple or two. I was shocked by how little surround and lfe action there was. I know it is not an action movie, and did not expect any lfe, but most contemporary flicks will at least put some music in the surrounds. Hardly anything at all. The Proposal had a fair amount of music and effects in the surrounds and helped the experience from a guy perspective.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,788 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCaboNow /forum/post/18139444


Not as funny as the hangover but a decent watch to enjoy with another couple or two.

Which is what we did, and after hearing all the "the funny stuff was in the commercials" comments, I was surprised how much the four of us enjoyed it. Surely a one time view, but nowhere near as bad as I had expected. I enjoyed "The Hangover" too, but not to where I'm going to buy a copy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,035 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamereviewgod /forum/post/18143425


While the movie was "meh" to me, this is one of the most color-rich discs on the market. I have never seen better looking water. In fact, may even look better than it does in real life.

I emphatically agree with you on color, it was redunkulous.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,666 Posts
The Hangover was funny? I thought it was a completely boring paint-by-numbers b-level comedy that had me wishing we hadn't missed the actual party night and not the aftermath.


Anyway, this movie is next up on my queue. I'm hoping for some level of cute-funny, not expecting anything special. It certainly helps that Kristen Bell is in it. Forgetting Sarah Marshall was pretty good.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
476 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamereviewgod /forum/post/18143425


While the movie was "meh" to me, this is one of the most color-rich discs on the market. I have never seen better looking water. In fact, may even look better than it does in real life.

If you get the opportunity to visit Tahiti you'll stare in disbelief at the color and clarity of the water. Nothing on film can even approach the beauty of it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,308 Posts
Wife and I watched this over the weekend and I ordered a copy today. Pretty funny with a major eye candy back drop (Malin Akerman a.k.a. Silk Spectre) and Kristin Davis were also visually pleasing
Not the same comedy as Hangover or the likes but a good PG-13 crowd pleaser.


I read that the resort this was filmed at opened in 2006 and average rooms go for $1300 per night however, the 3,455 sq ft villa Vince Vaughn stayed in was $5,500 per night and comes with a private pool on the back deck. There is also a 13,000 sq ft "Royal Estate" available for $18,375 per night if you are hankering for a Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban honeymoon experience
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Kenobi /forum/post/18147955


Wife and I watched this over the weekend and I ordered a copy today. Pretty funny with a major eye candy back drop (Malin Akerman a.k.a. Silk Spectre) and Kristin Davis were also visually pleasing
Not the same comedy as Hangover or the likes but a good PG-13 crowd pleaser.


I read that the resort this was filmed at opened in 2006 and average rooms go for $1300 per night however, the 3,455 sq ft villa Vince Vaughn stayed in was $5,500 per night and comes with a private pool on the back deck. There is also a 13,000 sq ft "Royal Estate" available for $18,375 per night if you are hankering for a Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban honeymoon experience

But you can get the rooms 1/2 price if you do the group special.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,948 Posts
Decent flick for adults that have experienced some of the issues the film explores. Scenery was A+ as was the pq of this disc.


Vince Vaughn seems to be going in a more grown up mode with this film and the recent 4 Christmasses. Both films seemed to do well financially, probably based on Vince's performance in Wedding Crashers.


Comedies are a hit and miss proposition. Some will think a comedy to be a laugh riot, while others will find it lame.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
179 Posts
I also think there's a geographical angle to whether someone finds a movie funny or not. Vince Vaughn seems to bring a Chicago/Midwest slant to a lot of his recent movies and I find them quite amusing. That said, I think it really says something when the funniest scene in the movie took place at the home improvement store near the beginning of the film.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by msajeff /forum/post/18208312


I also think there's a geographical angle to whether someone finds a movie funny or not. Vince Vaughn seems to bring a Chicago/Midwest slant to a lot of his recent movies and I find them quite amusing. That said, I think it really says something when the funniest scene in the movie took place at the home improvement store near the beginning of the film.

Was that the funniest scene in the movie? Two weeks later now and I am having a hard time remembering...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,381 Posts
Has anyone else had any issues with the blu-ray menu? I can navigate everywhere on the menu but I cant leave the menu to get to the movie. When I select Play or even a Chapter...it acts as if its going to jump into the movie and then it just returns to the menu.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top