Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I'm just starting to get into anime in a big way. I've read some reviews of Cowboy Bebop and have been thinking about picking it up. I know there was a boxed set out that sold for $199.00, but it seems that the individual discs are a better value and are still available.

The thing is, a local store has the boxed set (they have had it since it was released and never sold it). These things are going on eBay for upwards of $350.00. Is the only value in this set collector value? I'm assuming the actual DVDs are the same.

Anyone care to comment on the boxed set and the quality of the show?

Thanks.

--Jerome

·
Registered
13 Posts
Bebop is a good series. I would have bought it, but I'm kind of short on cash right now, and I missed all the great on-line deals when it came out. The only reason to buy the box set is the box (and the collector value). If you don't care about the box, then by all means, buy the discs individually if they are at a better price point. The only other reason I can see people buying the box set for up to $350 on ebay is that they don't realize that even though all the e-tailors are sold out of the box set, quite a few local brick and mortar stores still have them. $199 is MSRP for the box set, BTW.

(BTW, if there was a local store that was willing to sell me the box for $150, I'd break down and buy it. Sure, I'll be eating ramen for a couple of weeks after that purchase; but, IMHO, its worth it.)

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
WilyOne,

Thanks for the post. As it turns out I went to that store today after work and the box set was gone. It's funny because it sat on the shelf for months and went unsold. They did have the first two DVDs in the series so I picked them up and am getting ready to watch a bit of it in a few minutes.

--Jerome

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
The Cowboy Bebop box set also had an original soundtrack CD as a bonus item (j-import so it's worth about $30). Next time - buy the box, if you don't like the show you can always e-bay it later :).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.