AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone out there checked this one out yet? I watched the TV series from start to finish via netflix and enjoyed it quite a bit. Is the movie on par with the series? Also, how is the picture quality - is it anamorphic? What about the sound - is the English dub in DD 5.1? Thanks.

·
Registered
7,570 Posts
Sound and PQ were both very good and I liked the movie a lot. I saw it first, and have now got about halfway through the series, and I think I like the series more so far- but the movie was well worth seeing, and I'm not a big Anime fan.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Good movie. Basically an extended episode and not the one of the best ones at that. Still Cowboy Bebop is one of the best animated series in a long time and any episode of CB is pretty good.

Same voice cast (English and Japanese) for the movie as the TV show and this is one of the few rare movies/TV Series where the English acting is up to par, and IMO, better thna the original Japanese.

If you liked the series pick up the movie. It is well worth it.

·
Registered
548 Posts
I'm a big fan of the original series. I did not enjoy the movie as much. The pacing of the series was just perfect. For the movie, on the other hand, it's clear that they have much more time to fill. as a result it sort of drags and the storyline doesn't have the same punchiness. The personality of the characters, especially Fay, felt different to me. Oh, well. what do you expect. It's a different medium than TV.

All in all the movie wasn't bad, I just think the TV series is so much better by comparison.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.