AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cox San Diego has finally brought Universal Sports back to their lineup, I would've never known this unless I checked my Tivo's To Do list and found the World Figure Skating Championship set to record.

Not much fanfare and zero mention of it on either of their websites. Picture quality is outstanding in HD on ch 1380 and ch 380 SD.

It does requires the Sports Package, but it has the best of Cycling, Triathlons, World Cup Skiing and Figure Skating events.

I'm dumbfounded as to why USN still says it's unavailable to cox and it doesn't show up when I search the online TV guide at Cox.

Anyway, welcome back USN!

Lon

·
Registered
3,596 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by londawg  /t/1524908/cox-brings-back-universal-sports-in-hd#post_24545755

Cox San Diego has finally brought Universal Sports back to their lineup, I would've never known this unless I checked my Tivo's To Do list and found the World Figure Skating Championship set to record.

Not much fanfare and zero mention of it on either of their websites. Picture quality is outstanding in HD on ch 1380 and ch 380 SD.

It does requires the Sports Package, but it has the best of Cycling, Triathlons, World Cup Skiing and Figure Skating events.

I'm dumbfounded as to why USN still says it's unavailable to cox and it doesn't show up when I search the online TV guide at Cox.

Anyway, welcome back USN!

Lon
The following was posted on 2/23/14 in the Union Tribune legal section:

NOTICE Cox Communications announces the following change to the channel lineup in our San Diego North and South service areas: effective on or about March 25, 2014, Cox Communications California will launch the following networks as a part of a new subscription package, Sports Pak 2, for a $10 monthly fee. Cox San Diego will launch Universal Sports Network (ch. 380/1380), World Fishing Network (ch. 381/1381), Outside Television (ch. 382/1382), Sportsman Channel (ch. 383/1383) and Cox Sports TV (ch. 388). The following channels are also included in Sports Pak 2: NFL RedZone (ch. 386/1386), NFL Network (ch. 387/1387), and MLB Network (ch. 384/1384). Sports Pak 2 requires a subscription to Cox Advanced TV and a digital receiver for SD channels and a Contour receiver for the Sports Pak 2 HD channels. Consumer owned devices equipped with a CableCARD may require a two way capable device or digital receiver in order to receive all programming options offered by Cox.

For some reason, Cox decided NOT to include this information on their channel change page:

http://ww2.cox.com/residential/support/tv/article.cox?articleId=241f0100-e8c1-11e2-5f64-000000000000

1 - 2 of 2 Posts