AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Awesome, I just noticed this too myself, although its buggy/choppy. Its not coming in fully yet, I guess they are still working on it. Hopefully its up and running tomorrow!

Edit- Just replaced the coax cables and it now works fine.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Are the rest of you enjoying CBSHD fine? Mine is coming through very choppy, and if I leave it tuned for more than a brief moment, it causes the SA 3250 to freeze. Kanos, did anyone advise you to change the coax cable? If so, did you just change the run between your walljack and the cable box, or did you have to change all the wiring throughout the house?

I'd appreciate any prompt advice so I can watch the superbowl in HD. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
CBSHD is coming in fine for me on Cox Fairfax. The only wierdness I've been noticing is sometimes the sound cuts out when switching between HD channels (I just switch channels again, and all is OK).

The 3250 has a tuner signal level indicator in the diagnostics screens ... you may want to check it. A bad signal could be caused by all kinds of things (including bad cabling) and could result in choppy digital channels.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I assume you guys have Cox service with their HD tuner...I have the Zenith HDTV with built-in QAM tuner and CBS comes in unencrypted. I get all the locals OTA, but this might be good info for someone.

Maybe they'll unencrypt ESPN now that they've stopped charging for it.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by grundle
I assume you guys have Cox service with their HD tuner...I have the Zenith HDTV with built-in QAM tuner and CBS comes in unencrypted. I get all the locals OTA, but this might be good info for someone.
That's interesting! Down here in the Norfolk area, COX isn't broadcast anything unencrypted. Granted, they only carry 2 locals here, but still, I'm curious why COX would up there but not here...

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
I noticed that too (CBSHD unencrypted on Cox Fairfax). However, correct me if I'm wrong ... but as of last night the other locals (NBC, ABC) were still encrypted.

Odd ...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.