AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in San Diego county, and currently a D* TV subscriber. I'm finally wanting to upgrade to HD, and was wondering if there were any San Diego Cox HD subscribers out there?

Having read many of the horror stories regarding HD-Lite, and compression of signal quality, can somebody in this area relate their experiences with the quality and service of their Cox HD signal?

I have two HD Displays, both 720p native, and would prefer to hook up the 52" display in the living room via HDMI. the bedroom 32" display is a bit older, and only has component inputs, if that helps for comparison purposes.

Apologies if this has been discussed prior, but I searched the threads for any info on this, but didn't see anything related to this.

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,738 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Show1 /forum/post/0

I'm in San Diego county, and currently a D* TV subscriber. I'm finally wanting to upgrade to HD, and was wondering if there were any San Diego Cox HD subscribers out there?

If there are any, you're more likely to find them in the San Diego thread in the Local HDTV Info and Reception forum:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/forum...asc&sort=title

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks.

I had looked there, and didn't see anything addressing this. I was also curious about Cox Cable HD subscribers opinions about the hardware from Cox, which I thought belonged more in this forum. I wasn't really clear about that in my thread, though.

apologies if I posted in the incorrect forum.

I posted the same thread in the local reception forum that you indicated, just to be sure.

thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
While I was glancing at the San Diego thread to get the URL, I noticed a reference to a completely separate (non-AVS) forum for San Diegans, hdsandiego.com or something like that. You should probably check there, too.

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtbell /forum/post/0

While I was glancing at the San Diego thread to get the URL, I noticed a reference to a completely separate (non-AVS) forum for San Diegans, hdsandiego.com or something like that. You should probably check there, too.

that looks to have lots of info.... just started checking it out. thanks for the tip!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.