AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm not sure if I'm posting in right forum.

Just got the Vizio 32-inch from Costco and set up for HDTV from Cox Cable. The audio and picture worked great until I played a DVD. Thereafter, the audio stopped working through the component hook-up. If I switch to standard cable the audio works fine.

I have another HD-DVR box that I hooked up HDMI to the set and the audio worked great. However the SA3240HD box doesn't have an HDMI connection.

I've read elsewhere that the Vizio doesn't support dolby digitial, is this correct? If so, how do I get sound through the TV? I'm thinking about returning it for a different model that won't have sound issues.

Any suggestions, I'm all out of ideas. Please Help!

TIA!

·
Registered
16,749 Posts
Is the following correct?

You have a COX digital cable STB hooked up to your TV with 3 wire component video and 23 wire stereo audio cables and you also have your DVD player hooked up also using 3 wire component video and 2 wire sterer audio cables to a second set of commponet video and audio input connections on the TV.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I have the SA3240HD box with 3-wire component output and 2-wire audio all connected to the Component 1 input on the vizio set. (the component 1 input includes inputs for 3-wire video and 2-wire audio).

The DVD player is only analog connection 1-wire video and 2-wire audio thru the vizio sets AV2 input.

The set was working great until I switched to AV2 input to play a DVD. After the movie was over, I switched back to the Component 1 input to watch cable then only got HD picture but no sound.

·
Registered
16,749 Posts
Do you also have a component 2 set of connections you can try since it appears there is a failure with component 1 in the TV. Or also you could try your composite with AV1 but that would probably make no difference.

Will your DVD plalyer work using component connections with your TVs component 1 input?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yup, I already tried Component 2 and it didn't work. I took your suggestion and hooked up the DVD to Components 1 and 2 and no sound. Voila! I believe the TV is a piece of crap.

Time to take it back to Costco.

Thanks!

Got the new TV and it works! Hope it stays that way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.