AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Moving out of U-Verse service area, back to Cox. It's been a while since I used Cox but wondered if their newer Cisco 8642/1642 setup I just ordered for whole-home DVR could be connected via Cat-5? (I know they still feed the house via coax)

My U-Verse was DSL to the Gateway, then Ethernet to the DVR and non-DVR STB's. New house is setup with new 5e but the coax is a bit dated (as in not RG-6). Didn't care about the coax until AT&T said no bueno but now it could be more important.

If I can leverage the Cat-5 then yaay for me, just hoping somebody could confirm the interconnectivity between the STB's w/ Cox.

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalJake
Moving out of U-Verse service area, back to Cox. It's been a while since I used Cox but wondered if their newer Cisco 8642/1642 setup I just ordered for whole-home DVR could be connected via Cat-5? (I know they still feed the house via coax)

My U-Verse was DSL to the Gateway, then Ethernet to the DVR and non-DVR STB's. New house is setup with new 5e but the coax is a bit dated (as in not RG-6). Didn't care about the coax until AT&T said no bueno but now it could be more important.

If I can leverage the Cat-5 then yaay for me, just hoping somebody could confirm the interconnectivity between the STB's w/ Cox.

Thanks.
A 4-page thread already exists dealing with Cox's Whole Home DVR. You really should ask your question there if they haven't already discussed it.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1286642

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
No Ethernet, but you can use Coax with MoCA. It does require a tech to install the system, as it requires a few filters to prevent the MR-DVR from backfeeding into the cable plant. Trio will be supporting Cox's remoteDVR setup sometime this month at the earliest.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.