AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I've had my CP72 for a couple of months now, and I love it for the picture quality. I like the added functionality of DVD-A, etc.

I am currently using ONLY the six channel analog output for audio, because I want to listen to my few DVD-A selections.

Here's the problem. I just don't think my standard DVDs sound as good as they did when my receiver was doing the processing. Specifically, it seems very bass heavy and I can't seem to calibrate that out no matter how much I turn down the LFE channel.

I suppose that means that the DAC / Processor in the CP72 is inferior to DAC / Processor in my receiver (Onkyo TX-DS595)?

I suppose I must resign myself to the fact that I need to use the optical connection for everything except DVD-A, even though it means some extra switching back and forth. Oh well, it looks like some more macro programming for the remote....

Sorry for rambling, but thanks for letting me think out loud.

Regards. X.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
I wouldn't feel too bad, it sounds like that is what everyone is doing with their dvd-a players. Just more (expensive) tentacles for the octopus...

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Exactly right. The back of that slim little DVD player looks silly. Including the power cable, I have TEN... no, wait, I forgot the TosLink...make that ELEVEN seperate cables running from it!

I just thought of something else, too..... between the Component Video, Six Channel Analog, and the TosLink cable, I have almost as many $$$ worth of cables plugged in as price of the player itself!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by XRay
I have almost as many $$$ worth of cables plugged in as price of the player itself!!
I noticed that myself. Sort of funny when you think about it!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.