Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I was using a little too much force and broke off one of the cpc tabs. The tab was part of the second pair and was the rear tab closest to the end of the tube. I've heard of this happening before, can good focus be achieved still? The tab was broken in the middle and I have reattached the broken piece with some loctite industrial adhesive. Anyone know if this will work?

Thanks

Andrew

·
Registered
112 Posts
oops.

First, I don't know the answer to your question, but how does the dot pattern look?

Personally, I would check with Tinman or Curt Palme or Doug Baisley to see if they have a replacement. Why mess with it if it is easily (and inexpensively) replaced?

shoot

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Yeah, check with Tinman or Curt Palme or Doug Baisey to see if they have a replacement. :D

Try it and see how it looks first. Sometimes it works just fine. And I do have some spares.

Marc

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Try it and see how it looks first. Sometimes it works just fine. And I do have some spares.
The problem is it was never properly adjusted before because the projector was retubed and I was just in the process of roughly setting up the magnetics while the projector was still on the ground with the lenses off. So, it's not readily apparent if it'll be a problem until I put in the hours getting astig to look good.

Andrew

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.