AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In response to a helpful post about doing a CPU reset...I have instructions on doing a cpu reset. Only trouble is I cannot locate the "Y" board wich contains the dip switches that make this reset possible. I understand it is on the left side of the unit but where? Front, back,..do I have to remove stuff to get to it? Laymans terms please as I do no know what a "deflector board" is. I build computers so I have some sense of what is going on.

Thanx for any input.

·
Registered
523 Posts
I just reset mine....

The board is in the back of the CRT behind and between the CRT guns. It is under the flip up main board between the red and green CRTs. There should be a dust cover covering the board. It is metal with a plastic hood near the front of it. Remove the dust cover by pulling up and then toward you. You will see 3 boards, upright in verticle slots. The Y board is farthest to the left, nearest to the Red CRT gun. You can remove it by flipping the tabs on either end of the board. This will pop the board out of the slot. Toward the top of the board, you will see the DIP switches and the reset button. Remember that you have to flip the DIPs and hit the reset button while the board is in the projector. Getting the board out will let you see where the switches and button are. Sometimes the DIP switch sticks a little, so flipping it off is easy, but flipping it back on takes a little force. I have a pretty big finger, but I was still able to paw it into position for the reset!

Hope this helps!

-Alex-

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.