AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 208 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
 http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3156594

Over at the official Crackdown forums word surfaced via a member of the Crackdown staff that the just-delayed Crackdown demo would surface Tuesday, January 23 at 2 a.m. pacific.

SWEET

·
Registered
16,923 Posts
That info has been posted on Xbox.com for the last couple days

--- Jason

·
Registered
38 Posts
So... anybody on the left coast get it at 2AM? What are the first impressons?

·
Registered
16,923 Posts
Opinion based upon about 1 hour of gameplay with the Demo :

They should call this Crapdown cause it's a turd of a game . Control is poor , graphics look very last gen , and it just feels way too much like GTA (which I admit that I cannot stand) .

No chance of me ever buying this game and now I know why they are trying to entice buyers with the Halo 3 beta offer (to help sell this junk) .

You can see how the open environment has potential but there is nothing nex-gen about this game at all IMO .

I'm sure GTA fans will like this right away but I think this should be a budget title right out of the gate .

--- Jason

·
Registered
330 Posts
Uh oh, hehehe. Hopefully I will get a chance to try this out tonight. I pre-ordered it mainly for the Halo 3 Beta but I have to admit as well that I'm not a huge GTA fan. We shall see I guess. I'm looking forward to other folks opinions....

·
Registered
38 Posts
Well, I really liked the GTA series, but did not care for the Superman Returns demo... is it more like Superman Returns?

Still going to download it and give it a try...

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
I was very impressed with the draw distance. You can see for what appears to be miles. I am not sold after 15 min with the demo but I am more interested than I was from previews.

The genre as a whole (Go here, do that repeat with a few name/area changes...) is not among my favorites so I will not comment about the missions.

The number one thing I like about the title is the co-op. Can never have enough co-op games over live.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Also hearing about 95% great feedback about the demo. They all say the controls are tough at first but you need to advance your abilities to get better at aiming and driving.

I was buying it anyways but the GREAT first impressions I'm hearing make me feel much better about a purchase on release day.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I played for about 20-30 minutes so far. It's ok, nothing really that special so far. It is a bit of a pain trying to figure out how to get on the roof's when you cannot jump high enough.

I am impressed with the amount of people walking around.

Are we not able to do a jump kick?

·
Registered
4,234 Posts
Id like to add, I do think its a solid title just not a AAA title or "must have"

I think its ok at best, I dont like the layout of the game or how the missions are based it seems rushed...I was really looking forward to it and is it or are the visuals kind of dark??? I love the style of graphics that they went with almost cell shaded which is my favorite type, but I cant quit put my finger on it. This game does a lot of thinks ok but nothing great...

I am also depressed to hear "All MSFT studios games will be $49.99" yet they stiff us at $59.99...The game seems rushed, its a demo I know but it didnt live up to my expectations although its a rental or discount purchase at best.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGamePimp /forum/post/0

Opinion based upon about 1 hour of gameplay with the Demo :

They should call this Crapdown cause it's a turd of a game . Control is poor , graphics look very last gen , and it just feels way too much like GTA (which I admit that I cannot stand) .

No chance of me ever buying this game and now I know why they are trying to entice buyers with the Halo 3 beta offer (to help sell this junk) .

You can see how the open environment has potential but there is nothing nex-gen about this game at all IMO .

I'm sure GTA fans will like this right away but I think this should be a budget title right out of the gate .

--- Jason

agreed, this game sucks ass. looks like crap and is just not that fun. Saints Row was way better and that game wasnt that good. BAD game.

·
Registered
4,234 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTV-NUT /forum/post/0

agreed, this game sucks ass. looks like crap and is just not that fun. Saints Row was way better and that game wasnt that good. BAD game.

Saints Row was a solid open ended game...

But agree with your assessment for the most part...I guess it goes to show that it doesnt work when you are on the other side of the law, lol...True Crime was decent though...

One thing I dont like about the game is that you are to powerful over normal people and one kick to a civilian and they are dead...Somehow it has the same shooting mechanics as in SR but yet they still screw it up...

Thumbs down, now I know why they are giving H3 beta alone with this...I thought it was going to be good though...Glad we got the demo.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I won't get to try it out tonight but the vibe on all the actual gaming sites I frequent is the demo is very good IF you are into the sandbox style games (not everyone is).

Some of the early complaints were about the poor handling of cars or aiming issues but some of these things are built into the game and people have been saying as they raise their skills in those areas things get much much better.

Also in the demo the devs have stated they make you level faster/a little more powerful than normal so that you can experience more before the timer hits (which is 30 minutes after you hit level 2 in any skill).

·
Registered
4,357 Posts
For some strange reason
, I think you'll be able to find this game very cheap on ebay a week or two after it's released. Lots of folks will be buying it for the H3 beta only and unloading the game. Hopefully with enough dorks like this, I can get the game cheap (assuming I like it, trying demo in a few minutes).

·
Registered
4,357 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshuha /forum/post/0

Also in the demo the devs have stated they make you level faster/a little more powerful than normal so that you can experience more before the timer hits (which is 30 minutes after you hit level 2 in any skill).

I think it may be an hour single player, 30 minutes after 2 stars in coop.

·
Registered
53 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdank /forum/post/0

For some strange reason
, I think you'll be able to find this game very cheap on ebay a week or two after it's released. Lots of folks will be buying it for the H3 beta only and unloading the game. Hopefully with enough dorks like this, I can get the game cheap (assuming I like it, trying demo in a few minutes).

From Bungies site:

"Anyone who purchases the upcoming Xbox 360 game Crackdown will get automatic entry into the Halo 3 beta. If you have a Crackdown disc you'll be able to activate and download the beta once it goes live next Spring. "

More specifically:

"When the Halo 3 multiplayer beta surfaces in spring 2007, owners of Crackdown with access to an Xbox 360 Pro console or an Xbox 360 Core console with hard drive and a valid Xbox Live Gold subscription simply need to load their copy of Crackdown into Xbox 360 and use the disc as a key to download the beta from Xbox Live Marketplace and join the battle in Halo 3 multiplayer. Crackdown will be available in the U.S. on Feb. 20, Asian territories on Feb. 22 and European markets on Feb. 23."

Note you have to have the disc to activate it and download the beta.

1 - 20 of 208 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.