AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29,195 Posts
A pair of speakers for $30 would be hard to call garbage unless they are defective.

Will he let you listen to them?

·
Registered
548 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt /forum/post/15578692

A pair of speakers for $30 would be hard to call garbage unless they are defective.

Will he let you listen to them?

They look similar to the first set of speakers I bought with my own money, which were some giant "bookshelf" Yamaha's - 12" 3-way sealed set. I sold them ~4-5 years ago at which point they were about 10 years old.

There was nothing particularly wrong with them, but they did have the expected inexpensive mdf / sharp edge laminate construction. The tweeter was a fairly smooth soft dome, but the woofer, while large was not a very high-quality unit and it was in a sealed configuration so bass was somewhat limited compared to the driver size. I quite liked them and they served me well for many years, but they were definitely not high quality speakers.

One good thing - the woofer had a cloth surround that seemed just fine when I sold mine.

Looks like a fine deal for $30 to me if you are ok with large towers and have some eq to work with.

BTW the bookshelfs I spoke of were about $250 new. These were probably in the same range.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts