AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Official Plot Synopsis: In this high-octane sequel, hitman Chev Chelios' (Statham) launches himself on an electrifying chase through Los Angeles in pursuit of the Chinese mobster who has stolen his nearly indestructible heart. Jason Statham is back as Chev Chelios, in the direct sequel to the insane, unstoppable, 2006 action film Crank. In the sequel, Chelios faces a Chinese mobster who has stolen his nearly indestructible heart and replaced it with a battery-powered ticker that requires regular jolts of electricity to keep working. Neveldine/Taylor shot the film using consumer and prosumer digital video cameras, promising to present some of the most insane handheld action ever seen on the big screen. It looks even more insane than the first film, almost like the ultimate B-action movie. CRANK: HIGH VOLTAGE is written and directed by Neveldine/Taylor, the duo behind the 2006 hit film CRANK, and the upcoming GAME starring Gerard Butler.

Jason Statham (THE TRANSPORTER, THE BANK JOB) returns to star as hitman Chev Chelios. Reprising their roles from the 2006 original are Amy Smart (ROAD TRIP

, MIRRORS) as Eve, Dwight Yoakam (SLING BLADE) as Doc Miles, and Efren Ramirez (NAPOLEON DYNAMITE) as Venus. Rounding out the cast are Clifton Collins Jr. (CAPOTE, the upcoming STAR TREK prequel) and Bai Ling (RED CORNER, LOVE RANCH).

Crank 2: High Voltage hits theaters on April 17th 2009.

Thoughts from the crowd?

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Interested to see how the consumer/prosumer video is going to look, and actually how much will be consumer camera footage.

·
Registered
6,194 Posts
Ridiculous idea, based on the premise and payoff of the original.

Still, "ridiculous" suits these filmmakers fine. I predict more public nookie with Amy, and with Bai joining in...

I also predict headaches for viewers...

·
Registered
7,828 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdog35 /forum/post/15498708

Jason Statham is back as Chev Chelios, in the direct sequel to the insane, unstoppable, 2006 action film Crank.

okay... I must say that I haven't seen the first... But since it's the kind of film where the plot doesn't matter much, I've read numerous times that
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show) Spoiler  
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show) Statham's character dies at the end of Crank... What did I miss? Or maybe should I finally give this one a try?

·
Banned
34,841 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcolm_B /forum/post/15499150

Interested to see how the consumer/prosumer video is going to look, and actually how much will be consumer camera footage.

Hopefully, no more than 1%...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheo /forum/post/15499604

okay... I must say that I haven't seen the first... But since it's the kind of film where the plot doesn't matter much, I've read numerous times that
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show) Spoiler  
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show) Statham's character dies at the end of Crank... What did I miss? Or maybe should I finally give this one a try?

Crank was the very surprising sleeper-of-the-year IMO.

What it was promoted as and what it actually is was way-off from the clever and sly send-up of the genre Crank actually is.

Recommended.

·
Banned
34,841 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Simonian /forum/post/15500459

IIRC, Crank was filmed (taped?) in HDCAM format so it should look identical since it sounds like they are using digital cams again.

In that case, bring it on.

Crank looked great on BD, IMO.

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
id be interested to see how he survived the first film. should make for a good film givin what type of film it is

·
Registered
7,828 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1fuller68 /forum/post/16360804

Not many people talking about this one...Anyone see it?

According to box office numbers, not many have actually seen it either...
After seeing the trailer numerous times in theaters, I've come to the conclusion that I should pass on this one. When the blu-ray comes out, maybe. The trailer is pathetic unfortunately. Statham is better than this.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheo /forum/post/16360939

Statham is better than this.

Maybe once, but he's taking everything thrown in his direction. Don't blame him for grabbing the gold, but... Uwe Boll? Come on, man!

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
saw this last weekend, crazy crazy movie. More comedic than the first but also far more balls out. The movie is far more structured like a videogame than the first and really it adds quite a bit. The movie is more of an exploitation flick than just a new action movie. There's all kinds of neat references and call backs to old movie genres also there's a hallucination scene that I guarantee you won't see coming that will give you a whole new perspective on jason statham.

3 out 5 stars for me.

·
Registered
4,640 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1fuller68 /forum/post/16360804

Not many people talking about this one...Anyone see it?

Yes I saw it. Seems set for the GTA club but it is a fun flick. Just leave your brain at the door.

Violent, trippy, outrageous, and strange. I did enjoy it but the crowd was sparse when I did go.

For some reason I like Bai Ling.

·
Registered
5,131 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wytchone /forum/post/16366195

Yes I saw it. Seems set for the GTA club but it is a fun flick. Just leave your brain at the door.

Violent, trippy, outrageous, and strange. I did enjoy it but the crowd was sparse when I did go.

yeah only a few otehr guys in teh theater when I saw it too. +1 on bai ling she's sexy because she's sure of herself and is pretty damn eccentric. BTW she adlibbed most of her lines. They had scripted crazy engrish for her but she said she had some funny lines in her head and as it turns out the stuiff she thought up on the spot was more wacked out and weird than anything teh directors culd come up with.

·
Banned
34,841 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcolm_B /forum/post/16361167

Maybe once, but he's taking everything thrown in his direction. Don't blame him for grabbing the gold, but... Uwe Boll? Come on, man!
Get it while ya can, for tomorrow you may be gone...

I find it hilarious when there is criticism of others for grabbing million dollar paychecks (that green eyed monster of envy, eh?).

BTW, lay off my man Uwe!

Take a look at the beatdown videos of his "critics."

Way too cool...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wytchone /forum/post/16366195

I think a lot of guys out there feel the same way.

·
Registered
5,131 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oink /forum/post/16367207

Get it while ya can, for tomorrow you may be gone...

I find it hilarious when there is criticism of others for grabbing million dollar paychecks (that green eyed monster of envy, eh?).

BTW, lay off my man Uwe!

Take a look at the beatdown videos of his "critics."

Way too cool...

I think a lot of guys out there feel the same way.

Uwe is talented...as a producer he has no vision at all as a director or writer. But he does know how to make decent looking movies on a small budget and knows hwere to find money. He just ahs no talent. beationg up on a bunch smaller guys is nothing special.

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
First one was much better I thought. Over the top, but not as 'what the f**k' over the top as certain scenes in this one.

·
Banned
34,841 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by logicalnoise /forum/post/16367296

Uwe is talented...as a producer he has no vision at all as a director or writer. But he does know how to make decent looking movies on a small budget and knows hwere to find money. He just ahs no talent. beationg up on a bunch smaller guys is nothing special.

What is funny about the beatdowns is that it is an example of somebody who knows what he is doing versus those that haven't a clue.

Or a pro versus amateurs.

Or someone who gets the job done versus those that talk.

Or....well, you get the analogy...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts