AVS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I powered on the 360 this morning and saw the ad, I've been waiting for this game to hit XBLA for years!

Anyone tried it yet? How well does it play nowadays?

·
Registered
206 Posts
I loved this on the Dreamcast, bought the sterring wheel just for it!

I tried the demo over the weekend and the updated HD Graphics look fantastic (for when this game was released)

The music, sound effects & controls are spot on.

Gives me that great feeling from the DC days!

I will be picking this up for sure

·
Registered
4,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I DL'd the demo right before I left work but didn't have a chance to try it, I'll give it a whirl tonight if I can. For $10 I'll have a hard time passing it up though!

·
Registered
4,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As long as I get to hear the driver say "We be on our way!" I'll be happy!

·
Registered
1,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeLux /forum/post/19564265

The music, sound effects & controls are spot on.

nothing about the music is spot on at all, I'm glad I still have my launch day dreamcast, I'd rather play low res than have the wrong soundtrack (yes I know you can do custom soundtracks but I shouldn't have to)

·
Registered
206 Posts
Ya know, other than not hearing the Offspring song I just assumed the other songs were still on there. (They all sound the same to me, ha!)

But I guess they pulled the entire soundtrack and replaced them with similarly energetic tunes.

I think it works well enough for a $10 XBL title

I have my DC and CT still as well, but not as convenient to play

·
Registered
4,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK, I'll admit I never played much Crazy Taxi back in the DC days (I didn't have a DC) but how do you extend your time (or is it possible?) Methinks 300 second game intervals will get boring really quickly.

Or does it just not extend your time in the demo, I haven't bought the full version yet.

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kabob983
I powered on the 360 this morning and saw the ad, I've been waiting for this game to hit XBLA for years!

Anyone tried it yet? How well does it play nowadays?
As soon as I saw this thread I screamed out "YEA YEA YEA YEA YEAH!!!!!"

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbc
I also tried the demo this weekend. Played one game, and was disappointed that the music is not the same. Quite fun, but I'll hang onto my DC for a little while longer.
Noooooooooo! How could they fock up the music. Thats the best part of the game!

·
Registered
2,609 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabob983 /forum/post/19567532

OK, I'll admit I never played much Crazy Taxi back in the DC days (I didn't have a DC) but how do you extend your time (or is it possible?) Methinks 300 second game intervals will get boring really quickly.

Or does it just not extend your time in the demo, I haven't bought the full version yet.

Plays like a typical arcade racer, you get your start time allotment and each fare you pick up adds more time while upping the difficulty. Part of the appeal was just trying to top your high scores, I remember back when it came out a lot of people likened it to 80s classic games where all you wanted to do was top the leader boards. Either way it was a great pick up and play for a few minutes or a few hours kind of game.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts