AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The only "punch-through" items are Volume, Channel, and Play 9although I think Play will work all transport functions). Can I add items so, for example, Mute would punch through to the receiver?

·
Registered
5,721 Posts
Volume punch through includes Mute. Transport punch through includes Play, Stop, FF, Rewind, Skip-, Skip+, Pause and Record. Unlike many components, it's actually outlined in the manual.

·
Registered
220 Posts
The great thing about a learning remote, is that you can actually create your own sort of punch through by learning any code to almost any button. So you could learn the Audio Receiver's arrow keys to the DVD player's device (why? I don't know ;)). You could learn the number buttons from your TV onto the VCR device. This essentially removes the limitation of what the remote gives you in terms of actual punch through capabilities, although you'd probably want to learn the real codes somewhere on the remote for a future need.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ahh! I didn't realize Mute would be included with Volume. I have to confess to have skipped through the manual rather than having read it... I tried, but got too excited and had to jump ahead :) I was pretty skeptical that a "universal" remote would really work for me, but it looks like all of my other remotes can be consigned to a box in the closet very soon :-D

·
Registered
5,721 Posts
Sorry, I had to kid you about the manual. ;)

I do the exact same thing with any new electronic toy I get, so I know exactly how you feel. Yep, get ready to box up those original remotes.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by BlueDo
The great thing about a learning remote, is that you can actually create your own sort of punch through by learning any code to almost any button.
Just be careful that you don't try to use a learned key when it is being punched-through from another page. It is a common mistake with the MX-500 to forget to undo the punch-through and think that the learning isn't working.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.