AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having recently seen the design of the Nintendo Gamecube, with its carry handle, I was considering adding one of these to the top of my future Micro-ATX Case for easy portability.

I was wondering if anyone else has attempted this venture themselves and could perhaps shed some light on what materials you used and what process you took in attaching this carry handle.

Thanks in advance,

Brett.

·
Registered
22 Posts
dunno about creating your own, but a quick fix would be www.xbags.com.

They have what you're after.

Review here:
http://www.dansdata.com/xbags.htm

I'd imagine it would be easy to make one outta canvas or something? Not sure, but sounds like a good project.

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
I've actually got a case (mid tower atx) that came with a factory carry handle. I will try and post some pics as soon as i get home.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I've actually done this to 1 of my PC's and for my Nephew's and Niece's college PC's. In most cases, the handles were scrounged from various old portable TV sets. I drilled holes in the case top as needed and attached it. I was afraid the sheet metal would bend in some cases, but it worked for all 3 handles (all different). The main drawback is that the handles eliminate a portion of the flat top to place various things (paper, Pepsi, Telsa coil :D ) on top.

However, the handle made the computer's the envy of all their classmates.

Regards,

Ira

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.