AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Thanks in advnace for the help.

Here is my problem. I have a Hitachi CMP420V2. Its a EDTV and the native resoution is 850x480. It excepts all inputs 480i/480p/720p/1080i.

I'm trying to hook it up to my HTPC and i could never get power strip to work perfectly so i use the catalyst drivers.

I read my hitachi manual and i want to get a

resolution of 864x480

Vertical frequency: 59.94

Horizontal frequency: 31.47

Dot Clock frequency: 34.24

I've tried using powerstrip to creat a resolution but i can never the the vertical and horizontal frequencies to what i want. when i change when the other changes as well.

also, is the dot clock frequency the pixel clock option in ps?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i need these settings becuase if the tv is reading this input, it allows me to enable a greyed out setting.

anyone with ps knowledge please help

·
Registered
120 Posts
I hope someone better-informed than I offers link(s)...

I have both a fussy/old Component/RBG-only NEC 4210w plasma that I want to create a custom 853X480 for (and an lcd that requires vga-analog 1280X800 input).

For dvd-playback, I believe a MomitsuV880DX can accomidate most displays (and possibly the Neuneo?).

But for HT-PC, PowerStrip/dScaler/others have quite the 'learning-curve', IMO, for "best-possible" PQ.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i've already read the custom resolution guide and tried a number of different ways but cannot get this resolution.

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
Have you tried to manually create a resolution in Powerstrip by using the speed square?

When you do that you can create an exact picture the width and height of your display, with NO overscan.

When you hit the button in the picture it will open a black box, which you drag to fill the screen.

You can lock stuff, and adjust timings in there also.

For folks who aren't aware of what I'm referring to look at the attachment below.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/attac...chmentid=47023

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.