AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this post has been up on avs before but after 30 minutes of searching I still can't find it. I am quite sure there is a way to take clips out of movies you have which are backed up on your computer and burn them to a dvd so you can have sort of a "show off" dvd. Just through some playing I have managed to take two clips and add them together as titles via dvdshrink but this doesn't allow for seamless playback. I have to then choose title 2 to have title 2 play once title 1 is completed. Does dvdshrink allow us the functionality I seek here?

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, I did find the post:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...k&pagenumber=1

However, it doesn't appear that dvdshrink gives you the ability to create seamless playback between each clip. Has anyone found a way to have seamless playback without mounting drives and things like that? All I want is to put in a dvd and have all the clips play sequentially.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought about deleting this post but since it might help others who go searching I am going to leave it. The problem was simply that I had multi-drive enabled in Theatertek. Once I disabled that it plays straight through to the next title. I still have not compiled a full compilation of clips yet but it should be fun!

·
Registered
752 Posts
Depending upon your DVD player, DVDShrink V3.0 Beta 5 does support seamless playback of multiple clips. (Not available when Bob wrote the original thread). You simply extract your collection of DVD clips into separate directories. Then you use Shrink's Reauthor mode, and drag each of the new clip's IFO files into Shrink's reauthor window. Shrink then creates a new series of DVD titles, whose IFO is programmed to play each title sequentially.

DVDShrink makes this process a breeze.

The only caveats here I have experienced is that, if you burn your new clips to a DVD, some set top boxes will display a brief pause between clips. My software DVD players (TheaterTek and WinDVD5) play them without pause.

Oh, TheaterTek's multidrive feature does conflict with this process, as TheaterTek searches for the next DVD drive after playing Title 1 of the first clip in your collection. So it will play the first clip in your collection (from your hard drive), and IF you have another disc in the DVD drive, it will play that next. Turning multidrive off fixes that.

·
Registered
6,436 Posts
Got some links for the hi-def clips for download?

Cheers,

Gary.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by orbitzboy
Any reason your using a DVD to show off your HTPC? There are a lot of HD clips out there that can do amuch better job.
A) Because from what I gather my 1.7 GHZ processor is not up to the task;

and

B) It's fun to choose the clips that I think are cool and fun.

·
Registered
779 Posts
The most reliable source for downloadable HD content seems to be http://206.159.116.24/ . There have been several other threads on downloading HD clips. The best I've found are the Discovery channel HD commercial and the ESPN sports commercial, The Maxtrix and T3 HD clips are pretty good as well.

schud, your processor may work. Try the videolan client here: http://www.videolan.org/pub/videolan....5.2-win32.exe

·
Registered
6,436 Posts
Thanks. :)

Gary.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.