AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Similar to Sonos or iTunes with Apple Airport adapters, I'm looking to develop multiple audio zones using Vista Media Center. What hardware would I need that Vista would recognize as a zone? Basically, I want to be able to use Vista on my laptop, select a zone within media center and the music would output from that device. The idea is to have more than one output device in my home. Anyone currently doing this? I'm not looking to use MC extenders as I don't believe I can control them all from one location.

Thanks in advance everyone!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Do you want to sync the zones so that they are all playing the same music at the same time?

On a PC... forget it! You need dedicated hardware designed for the purpose to do sync properly.

·
Premium Member
4,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twangy /forum/post/14337930

Do you want to sync the zones so that they are all playing the same music at the same time?

On a PC... forget it! You need dedicated hardware designed for the purpose to do sync properly.

Syncing the zones is not that important to me. I just want to be able to select the zone and it will play music in that zone. I'm willing to invest in the hardware that will work with Vista Media Center. I just don't know what I need. I want to use Vista to control the zone and select the music. Pretty simple I think..

·
Registered
420 Posts
You might check out mControl software. Or I think Nievus had a free version of multi-zone distribution that just dealt with audio. These are both add ons to Vista Media Center.

·
Premium Member
4,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtyler1 /forum/post/14338078

You might check out mControl software. Or I think Nievus had a free version of multi-zone distribution that just dealt with audio. These are both add ons to Vista Media Center.

I think the key is what am I controlling? (a squeezebox, a sonos, etc..) What music streaming hardware device works with Media Center that can be controled from a central Media Center PC?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts