AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While I'm reasonably adept at a novice level, I'm frustrated with a chore I've wanted to do with my audio files for some time.

Background: I've just begun using EAC and LAME for ripping my CD collection (900 CDs: I previously ripped to WMA and am starting over). I have EAC in beginner mode since many of the terms they use are grazing over my head.

For some songs, splitting along the lines used on the original CD tracks is not logical since, during playback, my Audiotron, Winamp, everything really, adds a short silence between the ripped tracks. But in cases such as Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band/With a Little Help from My Friends, or, more obscurely, ELO's Prologue/Twilight and Hold On Tight/Epilogue, scream for multiple tracks to be ripped as one.

Is there a way for me to rip these tracks so that EAC defines them as a single track?

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
hmmm.... I dont know of any sw that allows you to do that. I certainly agree that some albums (saddly only a few - like dark side of the moon) are of that classic stature to demand it. Its a sad statement that most albums are really just singles with 11 bonus (and quite forgetable) tracks.

Are there any rippers out there that allow you to provide an alternate table of contents for a given CD? You could read the toc, edit it to combine tracks (I know that's not precisely what you'd do - you have to monkey with offsets) and then rip using the edited toc.

Baring that, you could do the following: rip to wave, use a sound editor to combine them into a single wav file, insert/trim the proper length gap and feed an encoder with that. Not elegant and is obnoxiously labor intensive for more than a handful. also, you might need to experiment with the gap since being off by even 200 mS will be audible.

Let me know what you wind up doing.

Cheers

Phil

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.