Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Calling all AV-HDD owners!

I am currently working on some software that will allow a computer to appear as an AV-HDD. I originally came up with the idea when I bought a new Toshiba DLP and it mentioned support for the Tosbhia Symbio PVR. After doing some research, I realized it would be feasable to create an application to do this instead of spending the $$$ on the actual device. People tend to have homebuilt PVR's around their TV's already - why not add support for AV-HDD?

I have a semi-working system already. When I plug in my computer to my TV, the TV recognizes it as an AV-HDD device. I have hit some roadblocks and am currently unable to continue. I was wondering if any AV-HDD owners might be able to dump/capture the Firewire FCP traffic and forward them on to me so I can decode it. I have the AV-HDD specification but I feel like I'm missing something, and unfortunately I can't ask the TV what it is!

So here's a general request, can somebody gather Firewire data from an AV-HDD? Useful things would be the Configuration ROM and any FCP traffic you might obtain.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.