AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to get a working mpg file from this card? I tried the file exporter that came with it and it claims that it exports to mpeg-2.

When I tried to play in Windows Media Player, I got an explorer crash. Quicktime gave an error. Real Player would load it but wouldn't play it.

I did some searching on this forum and found someone recommending a program called pvastrumento. I downloaded it and used it on one of the exported files. Now I can get it to play in Windows Media Player and Real Player.

However, it's roughly 350MB for every 10 minutes of video. I would like to compress it further if possible.

When I try to load it in Windows Media Encoder 9 I get this error: "One or more codecs required to open this content could not be found."

When I try to load it in Virtual Dub 1.5.1 I get this error: "MPEG import filter: pack synchronization error."

It will load in flaskmpeg 0.7.8.39, but it will only allow me to save the audio as uncompressed PCM. Also, it stops encoding after a minute or two no matter which video codec I choose.

My system:

Creative Labs Video Blaster Digital VCR PCI tv tuner

Duron 1300/512MB RAM

Windows XP SP1

Does anyone have any idea what to try next?

·
Registered
337 Posts
Research the programs DVD2AVI, Avisynth, VirtualDub and TMPGEnc. Or buy a different card that makes conversion easier and more reliable.

Most video-playing programs don't have MPEG2 ability included. I believe they would have to pay royalties to the MPEG2 org if they did.

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
2 possibilities that I know of.

1. I have had some success with Pinnacle Studio 8 on the converted MPEG files. Only problem I am having is what appears to be recorded stutters in the actual file. It doesn't matter which of my HTPC's (P3 1GHz or P4 2.4GHz) I play the file on, the stutters are in exactly the same places!

2. Purchase the SageRecorder which is supposed to save as plain MPEG and not CL proprietory format.

I don't think the VBDVCR is capable of anything better than 2 channel stereo.

Well, ATI's File Player and WINDVD both can play MPEG Files. With a MPEG Decoder filter, Microsoft Media Player can play them too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.