AVS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friends told me and read about this for a while now. That you can hear a child's voice sing at the same time with Ed Sheeran during the 40-42sec mark (audio), 44-46sec mark (video); when he sings "baby my heart".

So I said, what a better way to test my new speakers? I didnt want to believe it at first, but wtf, there it is.

But I wouldnt just post here to share that. But because i cant find the answer in the interwebs yet. And that I think I can find the answer here.

If anyone can explain me this glitch(?) in his song, id like to slap my friends with my keyboard for letting me listen to it alone in the middle of the night.

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
My friends told me and read about this for a while now. That you can hear a child's voice sing at the same time with Ed Sheeran during the 40-42sec mark (audio), 44-46sec mark (video); when he sings "baby my heart".

So I said, what a better way to test my new speakers? I didnt want to believe it at first, but wtf, there it is.

But I wouldnt just post here to share that. But because i cant find the answer in the interwebs yet. And that I think I can find the answer here.

If anyone can explain me this glitch(?) in his song, id like to slap my friends with my keyboard for letting me listen to it alone in the middle of the night.
Well afaik no ghost has ever made a vocal entry onto a multitrack song. My experience with Midwest based mixing engineers and mastering engineers suggests that they hear everything on the track. So, that means, by default, that the vocalizations that creep you out were recorded on purpose, mixed into the song at the desired level, and, at mastering, ended up at the levels you hear. Iow it is all completely on purpose. Whether the intent was to creep out the listener is not known to me but any moron could google to see if that was the intent. Fwiw, The background vocals to the original version of dancing in the streets (Martha and the Vandellas? Some girl band) always gave me the creeps but I am quite sure that is not what they were going for. Just how it hit me.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
I don't hear it. I hear maybe a bit of reverb added to his voice around there, but no distinct additional voice that I'd say is a "creepy child's".

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Yeah -- how is this a thing? I Googled it, and it's almost like that stupid blue and black dress, haha. Someone drumming up some Ed Sheeran marketing?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Were you guys able to hear it? It's still there. LOL. sorry for ummm... late response.

·
Registered
21,835 Posts
Lanney or Laurel? Yes, very late. ;)

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Were you guys able to hear it? It's still there. LOL. sorry for ummm... late response.
Memories.... I didn't even remember posting in this thread! But, here I am, drawn to it again, lol.

I'll check again tonight; my system has become significantly more resolving since 2015!
Today is April 20, perhaps you guys can hear it today when you could not yestarday? :)
HAHA -- my listening intoxicant of choice has been updated over this time, too. Wonder if this modifies my chances of hearing it more than the system changes, lol!

·
Registered
982 Posts
yes I heard someone say Heart along with the singer.. who knows maybe an open mic on someone in the band?

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Listened on Tidal, didn't hear anything...guess I'll return to this in another four years if I have acoustic treatments completed by then, lol.

On another note -- how long do you have to listen to a track on Tidal until it registers as a "click"? Possibly somewhere around 40 seconds, lol?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts