AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been working with a local CI to do audio distribution for my home as well as running wire for future video distribution if we want it.

I am focusing on future expandability but also am trying to stick to a budget. The CI has mentioned a couple of times that I really may want to consider moving away from the Adagio system and go with separate pieces for the distribution.

The current plan is to use Adagio to distribute audio to 6 zones that will be controlled by two Crestron touchpanels. There will be an A/V receiver in the rack for our basement 5.1 system and an A/V receiver located in the family room for that 5.1 system. We are planning on using the Crestron system on a handheld remote to control the basement and I'll probably just use a regular universal remote or harmony for the family room.

My CI says that the benefit to the Adagio system over the separates is almost exclusively on the programming side of things as the hardware itself will be comparable. He feels confident that if I can stretch for separates now I'll be much happier down the road as I look to expand the system.

It is kind of vague to me what future benefits separates will have over the Adagio system and I was wondering if people around here have any thoughts. I certainly would prefer to save the money on Adagio but I'm concerned about limiting myself and regretting this decision in the future.

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
sorry, meant to put this in the HA section, please respond there as I'm going to paste it into that forum.

thanks.

·
Registered
463 Posts
See reply in HA section.

Sorry

1 - 3 of 3 Posts