AVS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay guys, I have a Crestron A/V system installed and have 3 rooms connected via CNX-RMC boxes that have local surround sound receivers. I have minimal audio delay on the rooms with the receivers due to the signal being processed through the receivers for surround; just enough to make you dizzy

Suggestions? I know the adagio had rear channel steering on the unit, i assume to bypass the processing and eliminate the issue.

My set up - Pro2 and Pvid 8x4, (1)Bipad, (1) AAE

10 zones total... 3 are going through RMC's w/ local receivers for 5.1 which creates the delay with the rest of the system in the neighboring rooms. If at all possible, i would like to keep the receivers in line to utilize all speakers and subs in the rooms.

thanks guys!

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Some receivers have an adjustement for the audio delay. Do yours?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes, but delay for sync with the same video source going through the receiver......a little help Crestron guys??

·
Registered
1,755 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by guymhz /forum/post/14209681

yes, but delay for sync with the same video source going through the receiver

I don't think the Crestron system has anything to do with it. The delay causing the lip-sync problems is usually video processing delay in the TV which is longer than the audio processing delay. A distribution system will normally add very little delay (perhaps microseconds which are inaudible) to the signal so is not a factor. Thus the receivers have an adjustable audio delay to match the video delay in the TV.

This delay is available and independent of whether you run the video through the receiver or not. It has nothing to do with video sync which is used for proper processing of the video signal. Lip-sync and video sync are entirely different things.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wasn't too clear on my first response to you, sorry. I do not have lip sync issues with audio / video. I have a slight delay from any audio source that is being processed through HT receivers vs the same audio source going through a Crestron system with no HT receiver in line. Because the signal is being processed via the HT receivers, it is causing the slight delay.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by guymhz /forum/post/14229085

I wasn't too clear on my first response to you, sorry. I do not have lip sync issues with audio / video. I have a slight delay from any audio source that is being processed through HT receivers vs the same audio source going through a Crestron system with no HT receiver in line. Because the signal is being processed via the HT receivers, it is causing the slight delay.

I hate to be dense but if you don't have lip sync issues then why is there a problem with the delay? Do you have more than one sound source on at a time?

·
Registered
55 Posts
with the equipment you have listed here, you don't have any way of creating a delay. If you really must get rid of the delay between zones you will need to add an audio processor for that.

·
Registered
645 Posts
You need to add delay to the non-surround rooms. You can't take delay out, or at least you can't without a flux capacitor. The Kramer VA256 might do the trick, they run around $650/ room.

jcmitch

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Just to be clear, am I correct that the "delay" you are describing is the delay existing between the different zones (rooms)? (i.e. music sent to all rooms simultaneously results in some rooms (w/SS receivers) playing the audio "delayed" vis-a-vis the other zones.)

Jim

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the delay in audio comes from the signal being process throught the rooms with HT receivers... the signal is being processed, so --- slight delay from the signal feeding the Crestron Pvid / Bipad..

jcm -- i'll look at the VA256.... but seems kind of expensive per room for delay. If thats the only choice, i may just run the rear speakers on the whole house system...

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
I understand where the delay is coming from. What I don't understand is, why is this a problem?

Are you lisitening to two sets of speakers at the same time?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
my living room neighbors my kitchen and dining area... there is a echo if i have whole house audio on for parties etc.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an identical issues (surround sound in living room is delayed as opposed to the direct stereo feed in the kitchen from the Crestron audio processor). Did you ever find a good solution?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts