AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
27,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm 2 months into a Crestron Home system of which I'm self teaching (and help from dealer) and really like it.

My system:
MC4-R controller
7 NVX A/V distribution baluns (5 sources, 3 Displays). 2 NVX 350s, 3 NVX D30s, 2 NVX E30s - All do 4K 4:4:4 HDR over ethernet
1 10" Touch Panel
Doorbell connection
Sonos Connect Audio Source
3 Crestron HR-310 remotes
Crestron Amplifiers (8 zones)
Integrated Lutron Radio Ra2 lights and shades
Integrated Honeywell Security panel (in process)
Hikvision NVR and 4 IP cameras.

I have bought most all my gear on eBay at huge discounts - most brand new and sold as project 'overstock'. For example, Crestron NVXs are approx $1200 - $1800 MSRP and I have bought most for $350 - $450.. well below dealer cost.

Programming is relatively simple but now that I am digging deeper, I'm researching for tips, etc.

The system so far has been very reliable but I have encountered some small issues. Crestron has been releasing large updates to the system every month.

Sweet system and reliable.

·
Registered
27,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Advice on this issue below

I have an issue now that I think is a bug (Problems with making Music / Media Scenes):

I have newest Crestron Home software (sept 30). When making music scenes, when in create media scenes area and press my source (Sonos Connect S1 or any source for that matter), the rooms all disappear for some reason. So since I can’t select any rooms - I can’t generate a scene. Music works fine from all iPhones and touch pads when I call up the music zones. So my set up appears correct.. Just can’t make a scene.

But It’s spotty as one lucky time the rooms did not disappear when in create media scene and I could make a couple scenes. Happens on iPad and PC.

I reset the Control processor and it worked for a bit - and successfully made a scene. Likely a bug but anyone who knows the system, is there something else I'm missing?

Bug? Errors on my part?

Thanks

When in media Scenes, I get this page (below)

When I select any source, all rooms disappear. IN fact, the check mark will only 'stick' in None. When I select none, rooms stay and are selectable.(below)

Reactions: DirKDigglr

·
Registered
27,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Xfinity Xi6 Box (4K 'wireless box') unable to pair

Went through the Xfinity 'enable IP control' protocol successfully but Firmware on box may be dated. Crestron has a firmware version that it recommends in the pairing process and this one looks to be not up to date. There is no way for me on the IP menu to update the firmware.

Anyone have luck or ever need Comcast to upgrade firmware for a box? I just picked up this box from the Xfinity store last week. UNable to do so via my log in on their website.

Thanks!

·
Registered
27,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Honeywell Panel Alarm Question
I have successfully added my Honeywell alarm. I get completely feedback of status, etc. Only issue is keypad buttons do not work. Seems I don’t have buttons getting commands to panel from my touch pads and iphone.

I have latest Crestron OS and Home says status is online.

any idea if this is a panel programming issue? Other than Com Settings, there are no other controls in Crestron Home.

Attached are my Honeywell stats from Crestron OS?
Thanks.
51731543-7FE7-4139-B6D4-F01BBF7C7B95.jpeg
8CB006EC-2C08-4B07-BA95-82A220A0EEB7.jpeg

·
Registered
27,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
From phone.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Do you have the Honeywell 4232CBM installed and wired between the processor and the security panel, landed parallel to all other security keypads? The 4232CBM is what Crestron Home actually interfaces with.

·
Registered
27,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A
Do you have the Honeywell 4232CBM installed and wired between the processor and the security panel, landed parallel to all other security keypads? The 4232CBM is what Crestron Home actually interfaces with.
thanks.
Actually I resolved the issue. My alarm company did not leave address ‘17’ open in the panel. It was occupied by a second key pad. Moved that keypad to 18.

still can’t make my Sonos soundbar integrate with my LG tv. arc or optical.

·
Registered
4 Posts
still can’t make my Sonos soundbar integrate with my LG tv. arc or optical.
What's happening there? Does Crestron Home not allow you to route that as a signal path? You could add a Universal A/V Adapter (Pair Devices -> Other) and put that between the Sonos and the TV to route it if that's the case.

·
Registered
27,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes. I have the correct routing but no controlling of the sound. I think it is an IP command issue or a Sonos issue. I bought a second soundbar (JBL). Same issue. I’m going to try IR. CEC didn’t give me sound with the LG OLED. Sort of frustrating so using internal volume of tv for now (terrible). Tried ARC. Arc works but when pressing and holding the volume button on my crestron remote, it goes in uncontrollably too high or too low. Unusable. Too much latency. Just not right.
too bad. Honeywell security implantation is flawless as is doorbell, audio distribution and video 4K HDR distribution.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Yes. I have the correct routing but no controlling of the sound. I think it is an IP command issue or a Sonos issue. I bought a second soundbar (JBL). Same issue. I’m going to try IR. CEC didn’t give me sound with the LG OLED. Sort of frustrating so using internal volume of tv for now (terrible). Tried ARC. Arc works but when pressing and holding the volume button on my crestron remote, it goes in uncontrollably too high or too low. Unusable. Too much latency. Just not right.
too bad. Honeywell security implantation is flawless as is doorbell, audio distribution and video 4K HDR distribution.
Their is a firmware update for volume ramping. This was something that was plaguing a lot of people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sonos did release v12.1 a few weeks back which broke a lot of integration all across Crestron platforms (not just Crestron Home). Crestron did release a firmware update for the CP4-R/MC4-R a week back or so which fixed the issues presented by Sonos v12.1, maybe give that a go.

·
Registered
27,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks. That really seemed to be for playlists. Tried it - no luck.

update

But a lot of progress this weekend!!

1. Ditched Sonos soundbar and bought an LG sound bar and wireless bass module to go with my LG. OLED.. Sounds great. Able to pair using Toslink and LGs CEC protocol - now have perfect control. Still issue with ARC and this sound bar (when pressing and holding volume on remote, it goes way to high or low). Likely the LG IP commands. But I’m all good with Toslink.

2. Finally figured out RSTP addresses for all my cameras. All cameras are now integrated into Crestron Home and can be viewed on all phones and touchpad. Awesome!

3. Fully integrated my Honeywell alarm system. Have hot keys for Arm Away, Arm Stay, Panic, etc. Fast real time feedback from zone sensors. Works really well.

4. Doorbell integrated. Temporarily mutes TVS, audio system, etc when doorbell is rung.

SO.... All Crestron remotes, audio distribution, video distribution, Alarm, cameras, Lutron Lights, shades are all programmed in.

Every month there is a big software update. I know the next will allow control of all lights individually (Rather than touch pad scenes). That will be nice but not sure if I need it.

NEXT UP:

Work on scenes and pretty up user interface

Wait for someone to submit control programming for Trinnov, Lumagen Radiance and Sony projector now that this custom option is available on Crestron Home. ... Then I can convert my Crestron CP3 / TSR-310 remote from standard Crestron to Crestron Home program and control my theater... and sell my CP3. My installer who did theater programmed with CP3 and I’d like to do my own programming. Unable to do so with current standard Crestron.

·
Registered
27,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Their is a firmware update for volume ramping. This was something that was plaguing a lot of people.

I installed the new Sonos update and still had the volume ramping issue. With a Sonos and LG soundbar.

Or did they modify displays IP command file and I have to redownload TV’s IP control file??

What do you know? Thanks!!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Nope there should be a firmware update for your actual remote. My understanding is for people with the TSR-310 this fixed the issue. It came out a few weeks ago.

·
Registered
27,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Which remote do you have?

For TVS around house, HR-310 - no lcd screen).

Theater TSR-310

·
Registered
27,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
27,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
No volume ramp issue on TSR 310 as that remote is running on old school Crestron programming - Not Crestron Home.

·
Registered
27,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I see. Use Crestron Toolbox and mini usb in remote.
Didn't try that.
Thanks!!

1 - 20 of 73 Posts