AVS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
I see. Use Crestron Toolbox and mini usb in remote.
Didn't try that.
Thanks!!
Okay based on the fact that you are having the ramp in the HR area, I would still run the firmware but that may not be your issue. Sorry it is much easier if it was the TSR that was causing the volume to ramp, but still probably worth the toolbox upgrade.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Okay based on the fact that you are having the ramp in the HR area, I would still run the firmware but that may not be your issue. Sorry it is much easier if it was the TSR that was causing the volume to ramp, but still probably worth the toolbox upgrade.

Stay tuned. I’ll try this morning and post back.
Thanks for the input here. Could be the solution...

·
Registered
27,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
WE

Well, no luck. The current firmware for the HR-310 has not been updated since 2018. I already have the latest firmware.

I'll just check back periodically to see if they update the firmware on this remote.

Appreciate the help!!

·
Registered
27,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Jeff,

There is definitely newer than 2018 TSR 310 firmware.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like Crestron did an update for the TSR-310 but not yet for the HR-310. I have one TSR but 3 HR-310s. minus the touchscreens, they are the same remotes - surprised the HR was not simultaneously updated. I’ll watch for new firmware.

I have a solution with optical for now but I’d rather use ARC.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Any chance do you have the HR remotes setup in both your CH and non CH setup? The only other thing I read about is some people have volume ramp issues when both systems are available. A simple way to check would of course to be temporarily unplug the 3 series.

I have an HR-310 speaking to our Anthem receiver over IP and haven’t had any volume ramp issues but I never used the HR310 or IP control for the 3 series. I utilized rs232.

Outside of that I can’t think of much else but not many people are reporting volume ramp issues on the HR-310. Does it happen with the app control as well?

·
Registered
27,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Any chance do you have the HR remotes setup in both your CH and non CH setup? The only other thing I read about is some people have volume ramp issues when both systems are available. A simple way to check would of course to be temporarily unplug the 3 series.

I have an HR-310 speaking to our Anthem receiver over IP and haven’t had any volume ramp issues but I never used the HR310 or IP control for the 3 series. I utilized rs232.

Outside of that I can’t think of much else but not many people are reporting volume ramp issues on the HR-310. Does it happen with the app control as well?

i could try unplugging the CP3 processor.

I didn’t try with the app. I would bet not as it’s a slider but would have to test. When I use the remote the ARC Soundbar only respones if I hold the volume key for a second or more. It would respond with a light touch to the button like with optical or internal speakers. It seems like some sort of delay and IP code issue.

Volume ramping only occurs with ARC and a soundbar. No issues with optical connection to soundbar or internal tv speakers. Only ARC (HDMI). On two different soundbars.

·
Registered
27,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
New firmware is up! Crestron Electronics, Inc.

This is awesome for Lutron owners. Now all lights can be controlled individually rather than via scenes / phantom keypads. Other fixes as well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was just logging to ask if anyone knew when it was coming out. it will be great to control my individual Lutron lighting sources. in case anyone wants to know how to implement the new features, they also updated the user manual yesterday:

New firmware is up! Crestron Electronics, Inc.

This is awesome for Lutron owners. Now all lights can be controlled individually rather than via scenes / phantom keypads. Other fixes as well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
If anyone is having trouble seeing the individual lighting loads in rooms that you had previously configured, I found you had to delete the Lutron lighting zone out of the room and then readd it to the room. After that all individual lighting load will appear in the room.

·
Registered
27,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Hmm. Haven’t gotten there yet. If you have to delete then re-add, that’s going to be time consuming.

I loaded new software but don’t see any individual lights. Sounds like I have it delete and re-add.

Thanks for the heads up. I was already going to re-assign and name some rooms in the Lutron software to facilitate adding to Crestron Home.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Don’t need to delete and re-add. Just rescan and individual loads will show up.

·
Registered
27,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Don’t need to delete and re-add. Just rescan and individual loads will show up.

Where are they showing up? iPad app?

If using your iphone, do you add individual loads as quick actions or will al loads just appear and be seen in each room?

I rescanned but only see my quick actions and Media options in each room But no individual loads.
thanks.

·
Registered
100 Posts
When you rescanned in the setup app did it find individual loads? If it does, then you click the three dots on lights tile and you should see all the individual loads available to be toggled and dimmed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My issue was that after I rescanned any lutron zone (keypad) that I had previously added to a Crestron Home room did not show the individual lighting loads until I removed the zone from the room and added it back in. It was literally as simple as deleting the zone and putting it back in and then the individual load appeared.

·
Registered
27,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I rescanned and all is there. Nice. And now you can raise lower light levels like keypads.
Hit the 3 dots as mentioned and all room scenes and individual kids show up.
pretty slick!
B698BE26-FB9E-485C-8A05-7A4C59A7DDA2.png

·
Registered
6 Posts
Has any been successful in getting IP control of an Apple TV using HomeKit integration? I successfully paired the CP4-R with Homekit; however, no AppleTV IP Homekit Driver shows up in Crestron's 3rd Party Device pairing setup. I believe that I have done everything based on the setup video on the Creston training page. I wonder if maybe it was TVOS 14 issue, since Apple tends to break IP integration with each release.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Has any been successful in getting IP control of an Apple TV using HomeKit integration? I successfully paired the CP4-R with Homekit; however, no AppleTV IP Homekit Driver shows up in Crestron's 3rd Party Device pairing setup. I believe that I have done everything based on the setup video on the Creston training page. I wonder if maybe it was TVOS 14 issue, since Apple tends to break IP integration with each release.
Only available via a beta version currently. Was expected with 3.2 so assuming things aren’t working out as planned. I’m sure when it’s added it will be in the release notes.

·
Registered
27,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
I’ve had trouble with a few IP commands. Have a wireless Comcast box (new 4K model) and can’t get it work in Crestron. Also, LG IP commands for volume are screwy. Can’t use hdmi / arc. Using optical now For sound bar. IR seems best.

·
Registered
6 Posts
That make sense. I was wondering why there was nothing in the manual. IP control is always a bit hit or miss.

21 - 40 of 73 Posts