AVS Forum banner

41 - 60 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
27,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Here‘s screen shots of Honeywell security and cameras. All solid and stable. Have NVXs (6 sources and 3 (soon to be 4) displays. Rock solid!
317ADF91-CB51-414D-A840-15A28E6DCB1D.jpeg
238069F1-3D4B-42E6-A307-40161489739A.jpeg

·
Registered
27,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Interface of all is nice, too. pretty happy With Home!
CD7512FD-D7FD-482A-AB56-87165DB7D303.png

·
Registered
27,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Does anyone know if Crestron Home will do iOS or notifications soon? (eg security system armed, fire, certain zones triggered, etc)??

·
Registered
6 Posts
I heard a webinar yesterday and the Crestron rep said that push notifications and panel to panel intercoms were coming, but did not give a timeframe.

·
Registered
27,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Good info. Highly anticipated.

·
Registered
27,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Recent stuff:

1. I just purchased some used Crestron T-STATs on eBay that are Crestron Home Compatible. Let's see how these work?? Stay tuned...

2. I had some compatibility issues with Apple TV only displaying @ 1080P but this was fully resolved by a firmware update on my NVXs. Now all 6 sources are solid sending 4k and HDR to all TVs. Excellent fast switching.

3. Sequencing addition to macros is really making the system work nicely. If door bell is rang, it will now flash lights in the theater to let me know someone is at door. Pretty cool. I do not have [yet] Crestron Home in my theater is there is no programming yet for Trinnov (IP or RS-232), Lumagen (RS-232)... waiting for someone to do a custom driver. That's all I need. Then I can convert my Crestron TSR-310 from old Crestron CP-3 programming to Home. Sony PJ is in list of Crestron certified IP products as are all my other sources (KScape, Samsung BD, Apple TV).

·
Registered
27,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Lutron has is fully integrated with individual light loads.

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
Recent stuff:

1. I just purchased some used Crestron T-STATs on eBay that are Crestron Home Compatible. Let's see how these work?? Stay tuned...

2. I had some compatibility issues with Apple TV only displaying @ 1080P but this was fully resolved by a firmware update on my NVXs. Now all 6 sources are solid sending 4k and HDR to all TVs. Excellent fast switching.

3. Sequencing addition to macros is really making the system work nicely. If door bell is rang, it will now flash lights in the theater to let me know someone is at door. Pretty cool. I do not have [yet] Crestron Home in my theater is there is no programming yet for Trinnov (IP or RS-232), Lumagen (RS-232)... waiting for someone to do a custom driver. That's all I need. Then I can convert my Crestron TSR-310 from old Crestron CP-3 programming to Home. Sony PJ is in list of Crestron certified IP products as are all my other sources (KScape, Samsung BD, Apple TV).
Hi Jeff,

I have been using Crestron cresnet wired T-Stats, and they have worked great. I have about 10 zones of HVAC in the house. When have the electrician on site for replace my generator, I am going to get thing wired so I can use the DIN-THSTATS and a thermostatically controlled relay to control the heated floors in 3 of the bathrooms. This is a bit of an experiment :)

What version are you using on your NVXs are you using. I have a problem with my XBR-65A8H and KSCAPE thinking it cannot play HDR content.

Glad to hear of your success.

·
Registered
27,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Hi Jeff,

I have been using Crestron cresnet wired T-Stats, and they have worked great. I have about 10 zones of HVAC in the house. When have the electrician on site for replace my generator, I am going to get thing wired so I can use the DIN-THSTATS and a thermostatically controlled relay to control the heated floors in 3 of the bathrooms. This is a bit of an experiment :)

What version are you using on your NVXs are you using. I have a problem with my XBR-65A8H and KSCAPE thinking it cannot play HDR content.

Glad to hear of your success.
Hi Bryan

Use Version: 4.1.4472.00024 for all NVX models. When I did an auto update on each NVX webpage, it did an older version for some reason. So, go to Crestron site and download this version and load manually on each NVX webpage. Solved my HDR problem with Apple TV. If this fails to work, go into your K settings and there are options there. It all is better, faster since this update.

I do not have Cresnet power so am using conventional Crestron thermostats to communicate with Crestron Home. Will install next week.

Awesome system.

I also ordered a Crestron vacancy sensor to experiment with motion activated scenes.

Stay tuned!

Keep us posted with your progress. Solve remote issue?

·
Registered
27,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Also, did you install a Crestron DDNS for remote control away from home?

·
Registered
27,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #51 (Edited)
New Question

Any one added Vacancy sensor to their Crestron Home system? I have the GLS OIR

I successfully added one to my Crestron Home processor InfinET EX Gateway, it has the latest firmware and I actually added it to a room. However, it doesn't seem to work or show status. Crestron Home says it has an RF ID. But doesn't seem to respond.

This is the Error message I get when I hit the test button on the sensor:

The device is not communicating with the gateway, but the gateway is not communicating with the control system.

Now, the gateway is part of the processor and I have 3 remotes that are operating properly on the RF network. I can see the device in Toolbox.

EDIT: Solved. Rebooted processor and it showed up and works as degned. All good!

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
Also, did you install a Crestron DDNS for remote control away from home?
Hi Jeff,

Sorry I missed this. I have a static IP (reserved IP), and I have a domain registered and host name for my crestron home system. My domain and DNS is all through Go Daddy.

If your ISP will provide a static (reserved) IP address, I would definitely recommend that. With my ISP it costs about $10.00 per month.

·
Registered
27,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Hi Jeff,

Sorry I missed this. I have a static IP (reserved IP), and I have a domain registered and host name for my crestron home system. My domain and DNS is all through Go Daddy.

If your ISP will provide a static (reserved) IP address, I would definitely recommend that. With my ISP it costs about $10.00 per month.
Hey!

I’m not a tech guy. What is the advantage of a reserved IP and domain in this situation?

Also, so is your DDNS thorough Crestron (Crestron DDNS as seen in settings) or you set up your own DDNS through godaddy? I thought to have remote access to Crestron Home, I needed a Crestron DDNS... so not needed?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
Hey!

I’m not a tech guy. What is the advantage of a reserved IP and domain in this situation?

Also, so is your DDNS thorough Crestron (Crestron DDNS as seen in settings) or you set up your own DDNS through godaddy? I thought to have remote access to Crestron Home, I needed a Crestron DDNS... so not needed?

Thanks!
Jeff,

With a reserved IP address your router will ALWAYS get the same IP address from your ISP.. In that case you don't need to use Dynamic Domain Name Services (DDNS). You can now use standard DNS (Domain Name Services). If you go this route you can go to Go Daddy and purchase a domain. Say something like thebland.net. If you are interested in this I can give you some recommendations (things like a private registration) so spammers and other don't pester you. Once you have purchased the domain, GoDaddy or other domain name registrar will provide you domain name services. You can then name your system like myhome (myhome.thebland.net) you will then associated this name with your reserved IP address and now instead of entering your IP address you can enter myhome.thebland.net. There is no requirement to setup a domain and DNS if you have a static(reserved) IP address. I just tend to personally prefer setting up DNS for external access purposes.

Let me know if you want to discuss and I can give you a call.

Bryan

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
Hey!

Thanks!
Remote access does not require Crestron DDNS, but that is a great option without a static (reserved) IP

·
Registered
27,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Remote access does not require Crestron DDNS, but that is a great option without a static (reserved) IP
Good to know! IF you have a minute, send me a note and we can chat.

·
Registered
27,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Anyone using voice commands with Crestron Home? Alexa or Google???

·
Registered
27,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
NEW

Anyone install Crestron Thermostats into Crestron Home??

I have bought Crestron CHV-TSTATs for around the house. Any tips on installation? Thanks!

·
Registered
173 Posts
NEW

Anyone install Crestron Thermostats into Crestron Home??

I have bought Crestron CHV-TSTATs for around the house. Any tips on installation? Thanks!
I have done it quite a bit. CHV-TSTAT are a Cresnet device, wire them into the Cresnet bus on the processor and they should all show up in the device list un Cresnet devices.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Jeff,

With a reserved IP address your router will ALWAYS get the same IP address from your ISP.. In that case you don't need to use Dynamic Domain Name Services (DDNS). You can now use standard DNS (Domain Name Services). If you go this route you can go to Go Daddy and purchase a domain. Say something like thebland.net. If you are interested in this I can give you some recommendations (things like a private registration) so spammers and other don't pester you. Once you have purchased the domain, GoDaddy or other domain name registrar will provide you domain name services. You can then name your system like myhome (myhome.thebland.net) you will then associated this name with your reserved IP address and now instead of entering your IP address you can enter myhome.thebland.net. There is no requirement to setup a domain and DNS if you have a static(reserved) IP address. I just tend to personally prefer setting up DNS for external access purposes.

Let me know if you want to discuss and I can give you a call.

Bryan
I am curious if there is any benefit you know of going with a static IP from the ISP versus using a DDNS service? The main reason I can think of is less work on the initial router configuration, but once its setup it doesn't need to ever change. I have always gone the DDNS route as a static is not available through my ISP for residential service, so I am using a pro DynDNS account which is currently $99/2years.

41 - 60 of 73 Posts