AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have Crestron system but am not totally happy with the layout of the pages for my HT. Does anyone now a source for example layouts for equipment such as DSS, JVC G11, Tivo, Adcom pre-amp, etc? How hard would it be for a Newbie to program? Aslo is there a way to interface Crestron system and a x-10 switch to turn a grafikeye switch on and off (I'm trying to be able to turn my theater lights on/off from outside the theater).

Thanks in advance...

·
Oppo Beta Group
10,874 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Stephen.Sands
I have Crestron system but am not totally happy with the layout of the pages for my HT. Does anyone now a source for example layouts for equipment such as DSS, JVC G11, Tivo, Adcom pre-amp, etc? How hard would it be for a Newbie to program? Aslo is there a way to interface Crestron system and a x-10 switch to turn a grafikeye switch on and off (I'm trying to be able to turn my theater lights on/off from outside the theater).
Programming the screen layouts for a Crestron system isn't inherently difficult (the software is easy to use). Designing screens that look good and fit your needs is difficult simply because it's an art. Did you have a dealer program the Crestron system for you? Do you have access to the original programs (for the touchpanel and for the control system itself)? If you have access to the original programs, changing things around to suit your needs should be all that bad (depending on how good you are at designing good looking screens).

As to interfacing to X-10, there are a number of options. I'm using a HomeVision controller that connects to my Crestron system through a serial port and can control X-10 devices and do all sorts of other nifty stuff. There is a Yahoo Group for HomeVision that the designer of HomeVision is active on. Other Crestron users use other options, such as Ocelot and JDS TimeCommander+.

Consider joining the Crestron list at Yahoo Groups where you'll find lots of helpful people.

·
Registered
639 Posts
I use an Ocelot for controlling X10 devices from my Crestron system.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Stephen:

If you will give me call during the day @ (866) 839-9187 #203.

I will be happy to give you a hand updating your crestron.

Brent McCall

tsunami HT

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanls for the feedback. Is it possible to control a Lutron Grakif light system via X-10 directly or via X-10 through a creston interface?

Stephen

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
With the Crestron, you'll need the Crestron Lutron interface. They appear on EBAY every once in awhile. The lutron systems are hard wired and are not X10 compatible.

You could use IR from the Crestron to control the Grafik eye.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.