AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm looking for someone who may be familiar with Crestron Systems.

I have an old LG M4201C-BA tv currently connected to the system via RS232, and I'm looking to upgrade it with an LG 47LD450 tv. It appears that both tv's use the same RS232 commands but when I plug in the new TV, I get no control over it. Also, I had to convert the RS232 cable that was there from male to female.

Any thoughts as to why this isn't working?

·
Registered
27 Posts
After a brief search on the internet, I haven't found the info I need to give you a definitive answer, but its most likely the serial port pin-out changed, given the gender changed (though there's no guarantees with serial ports). Try adding a "null modem" adapter.

Also, find the "Set ID" in the older TV's setup menu and set the newer TV to the same ID. However, because I'm not familiar with the older model TV, this may not apply.

If neither of these solutions work, you'll need to contact the original company because the Crestron programming may need to be updated.

Hope this helps

Lance Beasley
www.encoelectronics.com

·
Registered
190 Posts
Without actually looking at the protocol document, Lance is probably right about the null modem. Male devices typically have one arrangement for TX/RX over pins 2 and 3 where Female devices are the opposite.

·
Registered
6,096 Posts

·
Registered
6,096 Posts
troubleshooting with a PC running a terminal emulator, I've read, may be a good starting point

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So adding a null modem cable gave me control of the TV, but now it does not accurately change inputs on the TV. I can switch to the composite video input easily, but when I try to switch back to RGB nothing happens.

I think I'll need to have someone look at the code to see whats wrong. Must have been a change in the input codes from the last tv to this version as you suggested. I'm just not very adept at crestron coding and I am having difficulties trying to figure out how this is layed out.

Thanks for your help everybody.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts