AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For controlling a whole house audio system, what are the pros and cons of the Crestron CT-1000 keypad vs. the Crestron CNX-BF12W keypad (other than the obvious factor of cost.)

·
Registered
154 Posts
How many sources do you have and are you controlling volume from the keypads? The main problem with the B12 is that you may only end up with 4 transport buttons and there's not always a good way to label a button that on one source is disc up and on another is AM/FM. Plus, if you have some sort of music management hardware you'll have no way of getting to a song you want. The CT-1000 opens the door for lighting/HVAC and security as well.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would access three sources: a 5-disk CD player, DSS music, and an FM tuner. I am thinking about a more elaborate music management system -- perhaps something like an Escient or ReQuest system -- but I haven't decided on this yet.

Yes, I'd want to be able to control volume from the keypad.

I would not want to integrate lighting or security into the keypad.

·
Registered
75 Posts
You will need a CNX-BN12 to get direct access to music channels, a CNX-BF12 by itself is not very easy to use. The price difference between a dual keypad and a CT-1000 is 500 to 600 plus programming. The CT-1000 is more intuitive, if your budget allows get the touchscreen.

Paul Riordan

Riordan Brothers Electrical Contractors

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.