AVS Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,108 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviators99 /forum/post/0

So, Law and Order: Criminal Intent will not be on NBC anymore, but original episodes will be on USA. Any idea as to whether or not they will appear in HD on UHD?

My understanding was that they will be on NBC, but will air on USA first.

·
Premium Member
48,895 Posts
Or we might expect to see them on Saturday nights, where NBC has two holes for shows.

NBC, by the way HAS committed to running L&O:CI as is evident from this NBC news release issued on Sunday:

"...In a groundbreaking move, the acclaimed drama "Law & Order: Criminal Intent" will move from NBC to USA, the top-rated basic cable network, which is owned by NBC Universal. "Law & Order: Criminal Intent" will return for its seventh season with its premiere runs on USA, followed by an encore play on NBC. USA is the #1 basic cable network, among households, total viewers, and all key demos. For the last six seasons, "Criminal Intent" has run first on NBC and then had its second window on USA. Beginning next year, that scenario flips.

"With this innovative programming move, we have significantly strengthened the already powerful USA network, given NBC maximum flexibility, and in the process have changed the paradigm of prime time television," said Jeff Zucker, NBC Universal's President and Chief Executive Officer. "By changing the traditional way programs are rolled out, we have reinforced NBC Universal's forward thinking approach to new programming strategies and our willingness to embrace bold thinking. In the end, it is all about our viewers. And this will allow our viewers continuing access to the finest programming across the premier networks of NBC Universal." Zucker added, 'We are thrilled to continue our successful business relationship with Dick Wolf and his team"...."

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
Hopefully USA has their HD channel up by the Season Premier, otherwise, I would guess it would be on Universal HD

·
Premium Member
36,716 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipnotiq /forum/post/0

So will the 7th season have Gomer Pyle or that boring other guy?

I stopped watching when they dumped Gomer, but sometimes I see that he is on...its all very confusing.

Not sure who you mean. Are you talking about Vincent D'Onofrio? IMO, he is one of the finest actors to ever grace a TV screen.

·
Registered
8,253 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefbal99 /forum/post/0

Hopefully USA has their HD channel up by the Season Premier, otherwise, I would guess it would be on Universal HD
Quote:
"Law & Order: Criminal Intent" will return for its seventh season with its premiere runs on USA, followed by an encore play on NBC

Although the CI reruns on NBC (and likely in HD since they'll be "first-run" there) will probably show up first.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
As I see it:

The 1st several seasons had the SMART GUY and the DUMB CHICK. Then they were replaced with the DUMB GUY and the HOT CHICK.

Preferably I would rather have the SMART GUY and the HOT CHICK. Not that the DUMB CHICK was not HOT, but just not as HOT as the HOT CHICK.

·
Registered
882 Posts
I really wish they would move Chris Noth to the original Law and Order. Him and Ed paired together would really raise the show's quality back up. Noth did very well in the original L&O, back in the early 90's. L&O was in it's glory days back when Noth and Orbach were teamed together.

·
Registered
932 Posts
It does seem like a waste to have D'Onofrio and Noth on the same show when they could spread the talent out a bit and make L&O better. Instead they switch off between the two...

I guess Dick Wolf decided hot chicks would draw viewers more than excellent actors.

·
Registered
3,058 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wierdo /forum/post/0

It does seem like a waste to have D'Onofrio and Noth on the same show when they could spread the talent out a bit and make L&O better. Instead they switch off between the two...

I guess Dick Wolf decided hot chicks would draw viewers more than excellent actors.

I believe that D'Onofrio has health issues that limits him from doing a full time series

·
Premium Member
36,716 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefbal99 /forum/post/0

I believe that D'Onofrio has health issues that limits him from doing a full time series

Correct, at least that was the reason given when they started with the 2 sets of detectives format. I'd like to see more of him, Noth OTOH, bugs me for some reason, I don't enjoy watching him anywhere near as much as I enjoy D'Onofrio.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.