AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,047 Posts

I was going to pass on this show, but at the last hour decided to record it. Glad I did as it was much better than I expected. That's not saying it will not go off the rails but I'll stick with it until then.

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Gillian Anderson, 'nuff said, also that girl from 666 Park Ave.. wasn't that bad, I knew the girl's father was on it, didn't know that he was the mastermind though..

Did they really had to add the soap opera thingy about the main agent being the biological mother of the blonde girl?

·
Registered
15,396 Posts
Is this show any good? I recorded the first few episodes, but haven't watched any of them yet. I figure the lack of chatter on the forum isn't a good sign.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
I am still watching it as I think it's as good as The Following.

·
Registered
15,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73shark  /t/1522992/crisis-on-nbc-hd/0_50#post_24607643

That's not a ringing endorsement.
I couldn't get past the 3rd episode of The Following. I was openly mocking the show as I watched it by halfway through the 2nd ep.

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
I just bailed last night half way through last episode. Just didn't care about any character or the premise.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereodude  /t/1522992/crisis-on-nbc-hd#post_24608367

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73shark  /t/1522992/crisis-on-nbc-hd/0_50#post_24607643

I couldn't get past the 3rd episode of The Following. I was openly mocking the show as I watched it by halfway through the 2nd ep.

But I sort of meant it to be tongue in cheek.

·
Registered
651 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereodude  /t/1522992/crisis-on-nbc-hd#post_24608367

That method of watching would be warranted for this show too. I'm still watching, but every week, I wonder WHY?

·
Registered
3,732 Posts

^ It's the setup basically. It's interesting enough to make you wonder how all of this will resolve the story. So you stick around. But, the execution isn't all it should be. I wish the 2 lead actors were more charismatic. It never ceases to amaze at how a good, charimatic performer can power a dumb premise, making you want to tune in.

·
Registered
19,659 Posts
With every episode I find myself rooting for the kidnappers more and more. I liked the FBI chick in Alcatraz, in this I find her rather annoying. Gillian Anderson OTOH is still smokin' hot. She can play with my X-file anytime.

·
Registered
5,225 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman  /t/1522992/crisis-on-nbc-hd#post_24609906

I liked the FBI chick in Alcatraz, in this I find her rather annoying.
Rachael Taylor wasn't in Alcatraz. She was in 666 Park Avenue most recently.

·
Registered
19,659 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives  /t/1522992/crisis-on-nbc-hd#post_24619594

Rachael Taylor wasn't in Alcatraz. She was in 666 Park Avenue most recently.

D'oh! That's it. Too many short lived series. My synaptic connections are becoming corroded. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Nobody watching now? It seems like it's found a little direction now.

·
Registered
651 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73shark  /t/1522992/crisis-on-nbc-hd#post_24705100

Nobody watching now? It seems like it's found a little direction now.

I'm still watching, but it is so-so. I want to see the remaining episodes and have some closure, but I don't want a new crisis next season. Wrap it up.

I think there are five more and I hope we are not left hanging.

·
Registered
9,096 Posts
The story arc was about good for a 6 or 8 episode season. Stretching it would have made it even more absurd and "24" like. Need to get the networks over their retro 20th century 13 and 26 episode addiction.

·
Registered
651 Posts
At end of the 6/15 episode, it was announced that the two hour finale will be Saturday, June 21 (previously planned 6/29). TitanTV has caught up with the change, as of this posting my Tivo has not.

It may or may not be rebroadcast on 6/29.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts