AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
There was a rumor about this release, but then nothing happened. Wasn't there a detailed list of all the special features? I don't think it was ever truly "announced", sort of like the Criterion Eraserhead that never happened either.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All I can figure is it's not out yet...last week BB had about 20 copies of the new Criterion Traffic...if the Game had come out, they would have had it.

·
Registered
3,240 Posts
The Game is a fairly recent film starring Michael Douglas that was butchered on DVD by Polygram, who no longer exists. This would make it perfect fodder for Criterion. However, in their press releases, are you sure they weren't talking about Rules of the Game, the Jean Renoir classic.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Well, Criterion DID release a version of The Game on LD, so a DVD wouldn't seem unreasonable...

Peace.....

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No, one of the DVD sites had mentioned this title, I just have to go back and find out who it was.

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
The 2 most recent Discs I have are "A Perfect Murder" with Michael Douglas & Gynweth Paltro. "The Game" with Michael Douglas I couldn't get into that one, that's in my second changer for a view some other day. "Basic Instinct" Michael Douglas and Sharone Stone, I also have the CD soundtrack for B.I.:)

·
Registered
3,240 Posts
Jim:

More than likely, The Game that you saw at HMV was the poorly mastered Polygram edition.

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
MikeM:

I agree that's quite likely, but I didn't notice at the time. For some reason, I resisted the urge to buy it but I really did enjoy the movie. It had a nice suspenseful edge and I thought Michael Douglas and Sean Penn were both quite good.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.