AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Greg:

Any hope NBC will move their HD feed soon to a satellite in stable geosynchronous orbit so we Unity Motion owners can watch Crossing Jordan?

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Greg Giczi
I was not able to watch "Crossing Jordan" last night. How was the HD picture quality?
only three words come to mind. V...H...S...

that is no stretch either. it looks TERRIBLE.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Since I'm very new to HD, I was excited about watching CJ last night. My wife hates the show, but I convinced her to watch it because it was in HD. Well, at least it was supposed to be in HD. What a poor picture! It looked just as good as my lousy cable picture (I have seriously poor cable!). At times, the picture looked better, but that may have been wishful thinking. Reading many of the posts on this site, it seems like even the best HD stations (CBS) has some problems at times. The Tonight Show looks good on NBC, but CJ... Maybe next week.

Rob

·
Registered
22,315 Posts
On my fully tweaked fully ISF calibrated John Gannon Dwin HD-700 7" CRT setup, it was a nice HD picture!!! AGAIN! I did find that as I turned down my brightness setting from its normal 35 to 28, that this somewhat improved the picture - for if its too bright, this can make it look washed out or faded and seriously degrade your perception of picture quality. And we have to recognize that the picture may well look as the director intends, via use of lens, etc. I like it! And I agree that its a bit different HD look than movies on HBO HD in general or more live stuff on HDNET. But clearly HD to me!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Maybe it varies from station to station. I watched it in the Los Angeles market on my 53" HDTV Hitachi. It looked like crap, same as the previous week. In fact, it looked worse than the 480p stuff on other channels. However, when I tuned in the Tonight Show lit ooked fantastic as always.

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
Best looking HD to me. It makes all other HD look washed out. The brightness and contrast is outstanding. Resolution is HD quality also. I wish all shows looked like it. It's a known fact, the higher the contrast, the better the perceived picture quality. That is why manufacturers set their sets to torch mode for retailers displays.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.